Texas

Howdy! I'm a new member from Paradise, Texas.. I have been reading info on this site for quite awhile now, and decided to join in the fun! My wife and I currently have a flock of 18 birds consisting of New Hampshire Reds, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, and Black Australorps. Y'all have a great day !!
welcome-byc.gif

Howdy! I'm a new member from Paradise, Texas.. I have been reading info on this site for quite awhile now, and decided to join in the fun! My wife and I currently have a flock of 18 birds consisting of New Hampshire Reds, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons, and Black Australorps. Y'all have a great day !!
welcome-byc.gif
very nice coop. I'd say paradise for sure
smile.png

Last edited:

frow.gif
HOWDY from Rosenberg! I love the coop. Would love to see more pictures of it!

Botulism anyone??
barnie.gif
I noticed 4 of my Muscovy girls limping this week. These are girls that spend most of their time on one of our large stock tanks. Two are now paralyzed in the legs. I have them confined and on Epsom flushes. I am wondering if anyone else has had a problem with botulism and am wondering due to the weather being so warm if something might be growing in our tank?? Any thoughts?

Botulism anyone??
barnie.gif
I noticed 4 of my Muscovy girls limping this week. These are girls that spend most of their time on one of our large stock tanks. Two are now paralyzed in the legs. I have them confined and on Epsom flushes. I am wondering if anyone else has had a problem with botulism and am wondering due to the weather being so warm if something might be growing in our tank?? Any thoughts?
Oh dear! (can't get the little man to move down!)
M

Hello everyone and welcome to the new folks! I haven't been on much lately but wanted to pop in and say hi! Weather is getting nicer so the ladies are laying like crazy! We've been eating tons, and selling and gifting them to friends/family. I've recently acquired 6 ringneck dove and have a pair getting read to hatch any day now! I'm in the process of building a large aviary for the dove and my coturnix quail. Busy busy around the homestead planting, cleaning, building, rearranging, purging... and getting outdoors every chance we get. BTW, I recently changed my user name... Formally Huggstaff13. Our place is called Rusted Oak Homestead and we have a facebook page and have started a YouTube channel so I figured the name change made sense.

Hello everyone and welcome to the new folks! I haven't been on much lately but wanted to pop in and say hi! Weather is getting nicer so the ladies are laying like crazy! We've been eating tons, and selling and gifting them to friends/family. I've recently acquired 6 ringneck dove and have a pair getting read to hatch any day now! I'm in the process of building a large aviary for the dove and my coturnix quail. Busy busy around the homestead planting, cleaning, building, rearranging, purging... and getting outdoors every chance we get. BTW, I recently changed my user name... Formally Huggstaff13. Our place is called Rusted Oak Homestead and we have a facebook page and have started a YouTube channel so I figured the name change made sense.
I like your new name!! Good luck with the hatch.

I like your new name!! Good luck with the hatch.
Thanks! When I went to bed last night, she had hatched one ugly little baby and the other egg had a crack in it, so we'll see what we're dealing with later today. I didn't want to disturb them too much because the male bird was very skittish and jumpy. Typical nervous wreck expecting father. haha!

Back
Top Bottom