Texas

Most of the time you won't find the show information just posted online, especially if it is happening at a fair or rodeo type event, because the folks that are in charge of the poultry show are usually different than the people putting on the other activities. Especially when the poultry show is APA/ABA sanctioned, because the folks that are in charge of things will be following APA rules and such and they don't have anything to do with other groups like 4H/FFA. Plus, there is often changes and such to the info, and the folks that do websites don't always want to be having to put new/changing information up about the poultry shows. It's pretty normal to just have folks email the contact person to get an info packet sent to them. They've been trying to get more of the information about show dates and such up on the Poultry Show Central website to make it easier for people to find. Used to be you couldn't find poultry show info hardly anywhere, not even a name to contact. But in our APA groups people have been told they need to start getting the shows listed on that website if they expect more people to start getting involved with exhibiting poultry at shows.

Awesome...
I run into (web) people all the time talking about all these "fancy" shows...
Ive been wondering why I can never seem to find any near me.
I do not have show quality chickens but boy I would sure love to go to these shows.

THANK YOU!!
So the show you are involved with in Houston....
Can you email me the dates?

Are all chicken shows around here just for students?

I'm looking for something for my type...you know one with a bunch of gray haired little ladies drinking coffee and chit chatting about their girls??

Lol
1f602.png
no, the Fancy Feathers show is also open to the public. So anyone can come and do showing or showmanship. But also there is the Bluebonnet Classic show near Texas A&M,once a year. I'm still new here, so I would need to look up on it.
1f602.png

If you do hear of something like that, plz share..I love to talk about my chicks!! Sure enjoy everyone sharing about our feat here friends. I sure do enjoy coffee as well.
Maybe even just to have a breakfast meet once so often be fun. I really don't get out much. I have met the nicest folks through my chickens...

Question in general about the shows you guys are talking about:
Do they sell hatching eggs there? (I am always looking for some unique, cool breeds I don't already have!)
Or is it just for people to compete?
I assume there would be booths for many things chicken related, however I have never been to one, and would love to go.
Thanks

If you do hear of something like that, plz share..I love to talk about my chicks!! Sure enjoy everyone sharing about our feat here friends. I sure do enjoy coffee as well.
Maybe even just to have a breakfast meet once so often be fun. I really don't get out much. I have met the nicest folks through my chickens...

what area of TX are you located?

Lol
1f602.png
no, the Fancy Feathers show is also open to the public. So anyone can come and do showing or showmanship. But also there is the Bluebonnet Classic show near Texas A&M,once a year. I'm still new here, so I would need to look up on it.
1f602.png
Blue Bonnet Classic is the first Saturday in January. (Unless the Saturday is like the first or second. It is a big and fun show.

Question in general about the shows you guys are talking about:
Do they sell hatching eggs there? (I am always looking for some unique, cool breeds I don't already have!)
Or is it just for people to compete?
I assume there would be booths for many things chicken related, however I have never been to one, and would love to go.
Thanks
Yes, I have seen birds for sale and chicks, and I think they also have fund raisers like silent auctions for hatching eggs that people donate. I think I donated some Cream Legbar eggs - long time ago.

I have been once to the Bluebonnet show. It was a lot of fun to wander around and see everything and hear all of the roosters all going off. There is a swap in Conroe but I have not been. Arbor Gate in Tomball occasionally has an info session on chickens and gardening. A chicken chick tea party in the Houston Area would be pretty awesome!

Awesome...
I run into (web) people all the time talking about all these "fancy" shows...
Ive been wondering why I can never seem to find any near me.
I do not have show quality chickens but boy I would sure love to go to these shows.

THANK YOU!!
So the show you are involved with in Houston....
Can you email me the dates?

No, I'm not involved with the Houston show - too far for me to go. They just happened to recently announce in a group that they were setting things up for the shows there. The Harris County Fair show is Oct 21 and the Klein show is Dec 2.

Back
Top Bottom