Texas

Hello from Petibone tx. I'm about 1 mile from the ideal poultry chicken houses. And about 4 miles from the office in Cameron tx. They are great people to deal with.

I ordered some frizzled cochins, and black polish from them. They were great, and easy to work with. The chicks I got were lively, happy little things.

Originally Posted by 254trucker
Last night, near Leakey, we had a funnel cloud start to come down above the house. It started shaking, and I was getting ready to grab my son and run. He looked at me and said "Mom, I think we are having an earthquake." The house was shaking bad. I think it was just the down drafts. God was watching over us, because it went back up in the clouds. We normally live near the Gulf Coast, and are ready for Hurricanes. This was a new adventure.
ep.gif
That was close. Have you calmed down yet? I have gone through a couple of tornadoes. They can be quite nerve-wracking.

I'm in Monahans! Did you know that there is a group trying to get backyard chickens to be allowed in the city limits of Odessa? http://www.Facebook.com/ChickensForOdessa I've been following them for a year or so. They've had some city council meetings and such but hopefully they will be successful! 

I saw something awhile back but haven't followed it closely. We are out of the city limits, which is why I got a few chicks from Tractor Supply a few years ago and then ordered some online from cackle, then Ideal, chicken math at its finest! Lol

There's a guy out your direction that's starting to hatch lots of different breeds, he's in the West Texas Chickens Facebook page. I have all I need right now, with more coming in May but I was just talking to him about getting a few more! Lol

Back
Top Bottom