Texas

Probably but I do occasionally see chickens running around certain areas around here I've been told that some like to hang out near the park where I found her don't know if they are escapees or feral though

@roostercogburn7

The move won't happen for months yet.

We spent the day working on coops for the bbantams. I need to make a thread on it.

Still need doors and wire but we're almost done with the first one. Hoping to get it done before he leaves tomorrow.

[/IMG]We found an abandoned Pekin last night by the Colorado river park in Bastrop. He's about 8 weeks old I think. Took him back to the hotel and heading back to sugar land. Stopping at tractor supply to get some food. We need to find him a good home because we have three dogs. Can anyone suggest a rescue or know of someone who'd like him? He's very sweet and clearly was raised around people.

Last edited:
[/IMG]We found an abandoned Pekin last night by the Colorado river park in Bastrop. He's about 8 weeks old I think. Took him back to the hotel and heading back to sugar land. Stopping at tractor supply to get some food. We need to find him a good home because we have three dogs. Can anyone suggest a rescue or know of someone who'd like him? He's very sweet and clearly was raised around people.

Kelly, he/she is absolutely adorable. I love the 2nd picture. Good luck in finding a home!

Yea she is probably escaped other people around here like keeping backyard chickens I ocassionaly notice them when I'm out looking for yard sales. And the area is kind of rural urban mix. She does have her wings and beak trimmed as well

Brazoria Texas near gulf coast. First time chicken raising
1f600.png
Love it I have been out side more this month than I have all year! I had bumpy start lost one of my first chicks by putting in coop to soon she got out dog ate her. Then bought a new chick cause one remaining chick cried and cried for missing chick of course I could not resist buying to laying aged hens while at feed store they love there coop and are producing well.
1f917.png
But when I introduced the chicks all heck broke lose!
1f633.png
So put chicks in a dog house to separate from hens. 2 days later went to feed chicks and a four foot garter snake was entering their pen through the chicken wire. So built new coop up higher and smaller mesh screen. Hope this will work to integrate chicks do not want to build separate run if can help it. So this has not been an easy endeavor but I love my chickens and the delicious eggs

Back
Top Bottom