Texas

As I was feeding my birds about 2 hours ago! I almost met my destiny with certain death. I reach down to empty the feed trough and refill it, my arm/hand was about 6" away from a 2 1/2' rattlesnake. Why it didn't strike or rattle is beyond my comprehension. Didn't see it until I was back up right. Certainly made my butthole pucker!
Rumor has it they are learning not to rattle due to feral hogs. I guess the hogs will hunt them down and eat them?? No answer for why it didn’t strike...

As I was feeding my birds about 2 hours ago! I almost met my destiny with certain death. I reach down to empty the feed trough and refill it, my arm/hand was about 6" away from a 2 1/2' rattlesnake. Why it didn't strike or rattle is beyond my comprehension. Didn't see it until I was back up right. Certainly made my butthole pucker!
Wow. I've pulled several rat snakes out of my nest boxes, but thank goodness, never a rattlesnake! That's scary!

If you are a coastie please watch the tropics for the next couple of weeks there are a few disturbances that have me a bit anxious. By Coastie I mean within 100 miles of the coast. Who here has ever seen a storm form at 45 degrees north in dry air?http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-ti...l_colors&prod=natl&timespan=120hrs&anim=anigf

This storm is bigger than Texas, France or Spain. I've been to all of those places so felt like using capitol letters in this isolated case.

Last edited:
That's a huge storm, I noticed it forming off the coast of Africa, last week, had a huge circulation pattern back then, I think I mentioned that around this time in the season, those storms usually are very strong once organized Cat 4 and Cat 5

Another to watch is the one that's trying to form in the Gulf right now. This one bothers me more than the other....supposedly, according to models, is headed for a South Central Texas landfall (Corpus). :idunno

That's a huge storm, I noticed it forming off the coast of Africa, last week, had a huge circulation pattern back then, I think I mentioned that around this time in the season, those storms usually are very strong once organized Cat 4 and Cat 5

Another to watch is the one that's trying to form in the Gulf right now. This one bothers me more than the other....supposedly, according to models, is headed for a South Central Texas landfall (Corpus). :idunno
Yep that one has been dawdling for over a week now but it is now in the Bay of Campeche where the water is warm and shallow. Ideal place for a storm to form.

This was todays porch monkey:
IMG_7064.JPG

Glad it is here TX Indigo snake.

Back
Top Bottom