Texas

Back in 60's and eat 70's we raised/sold full-blooded doxies.
Contessa (tessie) had 11 one year. We bottle fed puppies for awhile. Our boy was named after me,
Fritz Bonennasus.
Somewhere out there is a pedigree that includes my name.
I would suggest you look up the German definition of the breed Dachs(badger) hund(dog). They are viscous little critters designed to go into small little holes and pull out other viscous little critters. vi·cious

Hello everyone I'm new here I'm from South San Antonio and I was wondering if anyone sells any backyard chickens I would like to get some fairly good quality chicks and maybe a couple of silkies not hatchery..
I have a few leghorn and leghorn x Golden sex link chicks that are just under 2 weeks old but that’s quite a drive East for a few chicks. Will have more in early feb from our other birds. Not sure what type of hybrid they are. Some sort of silver bantam with copper and iridescent green black with copper. Going to post pictures and figure out what they are later this week.

We have a load of silkies I want to be rid of. Wife has a different opinion about that in SPI, TX. Got the new Jeep spare today. I will deal with a new jack in the next couple of days. Regardless I have plenty of low quality silkies to offer for your breeding program @mshuey1 . I can certainly spare and get rid of the silkie surprise chicklets.

Last edited:
Oh and Merry Christmas from south Texas. The Aloe Vera is in bloom.

Attachments

• IMG_7288.JPG
    IMG_7288.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 1
Hello, fellow Texans! I hate this, but I have 3 bantam flocks that need to go to new homes. We have to move to Utah in January for a job, and we won’t have a house yet, so we can’t take the chickens. We live South of Dallas.

The chickens have all been well cared for and have lived in large runs. They need to go in their flocks. Here’s what I have:

Flock #1:

1 white silkie rooster (very nice and great with his hens)
3 black silkie hens
1 white silkie hen
3 bantam cochin hens
All great layers
Great fertility rate. I hatched 7 of 7 eggs last spring.
Comes with large Snap-Lock coop, feeders, and waterer

Flock #2:

2 bantam cochin x silkie mix cockerels (very nice, haven’t had any fighting)
1 black silkie rooster (very nice, the one in charge, haven’t had any fighting)
3 black silkie pullets
1 bantam cochin x silkie mix pullet
All great layers
All hatched last March
Comes with Tractor-Supply-style coop, feeder, and waterer

Flock #3
3 Serama hens
1 Bantam Old English hen
1 Japanese Bantam hen
Comes with feeder, water, and large Snap-Lock coop (but coop does have some holes in it, so will need to be in a run)
These are very small ladies, about the size of Cardinals.

FYI, They are used to eating Tractor Supply layer feed crumbles in feeders and scratch grain, which I throw on the ground for them each morning. I love them, but they have to go before we leave Texas.

Please let me know if you’d like 1, 2, or all 3 flocks. I really want them to go to a good home. I can attach/send photos, too, of anything you want to see.

Back
Top Bottom