Texas

Looks Ike you can if you get a permit!

May I sell my own cattle or poultry that I have slaughtered at a licensed and inspected facility?
Yes. Meat or poultry products must come from animals processed in compliance with the regulations for livestock processing (Texas Health & Safety Code Chapter 433) and a temporary food establishment permit is required.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/foodesta...facility?-,Yes.,species at a farmers' market?

Looks Ike you can if you get a permit!

May I sell my own cattle or poultry that I have slaughtered at a licensed and inspected facility?
Yes. Meat or poultry products must come from animals processed in compliance with the regulations for livestock processing (Texas Health & Safety Code Chapter 433) and a temporary food establishment permit is required.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/foodestablishments/farmersmarkets/faq.aspx#:~:text=and inspected facility?-,Yes.,species at a farmers' market?

If you are going to sell meat and/or poultry products retail, you will not need a Grant of Inspection from MSA. You will need a permit from your city/county health department or the Retail Food Division of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
Note: "Retail" refers to a transaction where you sell the product directly to the end consumer. Meat and/or poultry products that are sold retail must be prepared from meat that originated from an "approved source."

Evidence that a meat or poultry product comes from an approved source is the presence on the product of a state (in the shape of Texas) or federal (circle) mark of inspection.

Can I sell inspected meat and/or poultry products that I produced in my home?

No. Meat and/or poultry products sold to the public, whether wholesale or retail, shall not be produced in a residence.

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/meat/faq.aspx

Yes I too can hear the blustery winds luckily for us it is only 57.7 atm with 10-14mph wind speeds. On the plus side I could go outside and drink a coke without can sweat if I wanted to get dressed for it.
View attachment 2461813

Oh the tire on the vehicle was road hazard for sure. 2nd time around for me with that and believe the odometer is getting close to 14500 miles now. There was no saving it as the inside sidewalls were a complete loss. I'll have to ask my wife to shoot me the image she took it was a complete blowout and didn't take a tire tech to tell me there was no repairing the thing. @electrycmonk Just reordered a 12V air compressor it seems like my 3 year old one just died. I discovered this fact from the tpms on the spare and found out there was only 25psi in it. Jeeps run around 40 psi. I hope
griotsgarage.com
didn't sell me junk it is my first time ordering from them.
View attachment 2461821

Ok I cheated and logged into her whatsapp. Got the photo, no saving this tire also the damage was outer sidewall not inner as I had said previously. No clue what I hit but suspect it was scrap metal as we live in desperate times:
My gawd! When I drove OTR, I had a couple trailer blowouts that "looked like that" and that cannon sound was jarring as was the shake and shudder, I don't want to imagine what that felt like in a 4 wheeler "at speed"...... Glad it was a near(?) Non-event?

If you are going to sell meat and/or poultry products retail, you will not need a Grant of Inspection from MSA. You will need a permit from your city/county health department or the Retail Food Division of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
Note: "Retail" refers to a transaction where you sell the product directly to the end consumer. Meat and/or poultry products that are sold retail must be prepared from meat that originated from an "approved source."

Evidence that a meat or poultry product comes from an approved source is the presence on the product of a state (in the shape of Texas) or federal (circle) mark of inspection.

Can I sell inspected meat and/or poultry products that I produced in my home?

No. Meat and/or poultry products sold to the public, whether wholesale or retail, shall not be produced in a residence.

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/meat/faq.aspx
But I think if you stay under 1000 you can, at least for chickens.

Started about midnight here, ....the 'big blow'. 34°F here @ 6:56am, wind is 25 to 30 with gust to 40mph. I don't like cold and hate wind....I'm getting a double whammy! :barniefortunately, I have every thing nailed down! Otherwise, it would be in the next county.
You got what I had.

I was out in it all night....I look and feel like a fuzzy icicle! :lau my braids kept slapping me in the face.
Braids???? What size? Care to share a pic?
I found a pic of me back in 2001(?) With cornrows..... I think I might go posted about it in BYC last week when I found it?(shrugs)

But I think if you stay under 1000 you can, at least for chickens.
I think I found my answer but does poultry include quail?
Category 1: Processing 1,000 or fewer poultry
For farms that process 1,000 poultry or fewer annually, the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) is empowered to enforce the federal regulations discussed below but cannot impose any additional requirements. No registration is required.
Such farms are limited to selling their poultry directly to consumers. Poultry processed under this exemption cannot be sold wholesale, including to restaurants. (See Category 3 for options for wholesale transactions.)
The federal requirements3 are as follows:
1. The poultry grower slaughters no more than 1,000 healthy birds of his or her own raising in a calendar year for distribution as human food;
2. The poultry grower does not engage in buying or selling poultry products other than those produced from poultry raised on his or her own farm;
3. The slaughter and processing are conducted under sanitary standards, practices, and procedures that produce poultry products that are sound, clean, and fit for human food (not adulterated);
4. The producer keeps records necessary for the effective enforcement of 9 CFR §381.175;
5. The poultry products do not move in interstate commerce.4
The required records are flock records, slaughter records, and records on the sale of poultry products to customers (e.g. sales receipts), to verify that the farm is staying within the 1,000-bird limit.
The requirement that the poultry be slaughtered and processed under sanitary conditions does not include a requirement for a particular type of facility or equipment. The USDA’s guidance document on poultry exemptions includes a list of basic sanitary requirements, such as cleaning and sanitizing surfaces “as frequently as necessary to prevent the creation of insanitary conditions and the adulteration of the product.”5 One key specific requirement is to have a potable running water supply.6 In practical terms, it is complaint- driven, with the USDA and DSHS investigating any complaints of allegedly adulterated produc

Back
Top Bottom