Texas

Anyone near Fort Worth offering services to dispatch/process chickens? We have one aggressive rooster, confirmed by multiple people, that needs to go. So just one, not a whole flock or anything. This is the first time we are doing this so an observer or someone just to guide through this process once (to not inflict any unnecessary suffering onto the rooster and not to waste meat) and then we would be comfortable doing it from on forward. I had one person who flaked on me and another person who refused to invite me into a homestead group simply because I didn't have a full FB profile (loathe social media). Youtube is not a substitute for this type of thing, at least in my view.

Anyone near Fort Worth offering services to dispatch/process chickens? We have one aggressive rooster, confirmed by multiple people, that needs to go. So just one, not a whole flock or anything. This is the first time we are doing this so an observer or someone just to guide through this process once (to not inflict any unnecessary suffering onto the rooster and not to waste meat) and then we would be comfortable doing it from on forward. I had one person who flaked on me and another person who refused to invite me into a homestead group simply because I didn't have a full FB profile (loathe social media). Youtube is not a substitute for this type of thing, at least in my view.
Try googling "organic meat" in your area. Call and ask. I know that some will slaughter as well as process, and if not, they may be able to refer you to someone who will.

Yes… and no.

Yes I had met someone via FB’s marketplace by accident. They are *between* You and I geographically speaking…. If I recall correctly, vaguely around Roanoke or Keller iirc (if I recall correctly) … I will search my messenger archives tonight to see if I can find that person who I got some stuff from about a year ago. It’s their neighbor who was/is still apart of some type of backyard chicken group(s) and they appearantly will do this as well as tech you to do it. I have a few Roo’s I need to process. I just haven’t reached that stage of being able and ready to deal with it yet. I’m a veteran working on ptsd stuff still.

Not my idea off a fun weeks forecast to look forward to:

C0D3D625-7AC7-4178-8B05-0B2B43F23654.jpeg

0A322B43-DB3F-4392-8F23-B29B15046843.jpeg

86251222-F6EF-49DF-B3FC-75B99B5E734A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom