Texas

Did a thing, not sure it's a good or bad thing but it's a thing. Bought two of the producer's pride stackable chick brooders just incase we dont get a chance to get all done before my chicks get here on the 26th. I did get them for $150 each as they where on clearance for $199 and asked the manager what she would take if I bought both.
Are the heat plates adjustable? I had read something about them before, the year when tractor supply had so many dead chicks.
They (TS) said the plates couldn't be lowered.
I'm wondering if PP redid them.

Are the heat plates adjustable? I had read something about them before, the year when tractor supply had so many dead chicks.
They (TS) said the plates couldn't be lowered.
I'm wondering if PP redid them.
From the comments no they didn't but s hooks will allow further adjustments to lower it more. It's the same heat plate I bought separately when I bought the incubator.

I'll start this one.

I am in San Marcos, between Austin and San Antonio.

FYI
I have been keeping a spread sheet of Texas BYC members for several years. Right now it has 274 members on it. Of course some are no longer members or might have visited only a few times.

Texas, we are strong !
Hey! I'm from the League City area south of Houston. Bout 45 minutes from Galvy and am going to raise broilers for FFA!!

I just need something as a back up so I dont have a cluster on my hands. The cardboard box on the kitchen table has taken a beating from the bantams and risen from the dead chicks. Have not been able to move the pen yet and it still shows more rain before the week is out.
I'm about sick of rain. We had a sunny day today and should have another tomorrow, but Friday's forecast shows more rain.

Back
Top Bottom