Texas

I am going to get a couple of my sons to help me double my little barn. Turns out I have more interest in chickens than I origanally planned!
lol.png
I sound just like a chickenperson
yippiechickie.gif

Hi....new to the forum. My name is Marilyn. I live near Liverpool, in Brazoria Co., just a little northwest of Galveston, right on Chocolate Bayou.

I have 2 EE hens, a Plymouth rock rooster refugee from the Humane Society, a baby duck from the Humane Society, and a couple dozen mixed bantams.

Also, two feral hogs, 4 horses, 3 dogs, too many cats to count, and I am a wildlife rehabber...possums mostly.
big_smile.png
I have 13 possums and feed about 60 wild raccoons. Fortunately, all my dog and cat food is donated by the rehabbers and humane societies that I work with. I feed from 70 to 80 pounds a night! Chickens are securely confined....except the three adult chickens I have are free range during the day and I pen them up at night. Bantams go out in chicken tractors for now....when I am here to keep an eye on them. The raccoons and possums here have so much food put out for them, they are seldom a problem....not that I'd trust them, but they are all fat and well fed. One of the raccoons here is 16 years old and another one is 9 years old. I raised the 9 yr. old and the 16 yr. old was here when we bought the place.

My husband is a captain on a tow boat, so I am home alone most of the time. I have one child, a grown daughter, who lives in Houston.

Does anyone know of any chicken shows/sales, etc. coming up in the Houston area? I went to one, once upon a time at the Fairgrounds in Pasadena. I would love to go to another one.

Besides chickens and my pets and wildlife, I love flea markets, unusual plants, and we are working on a 100+ year old farm house.

Nice to meetcha!!

Quote:
Yeah, the budgets are a pain. Especially when so many people have such cute peeps and in the breeds that I want!
barnie.gif

You're very welcome on the comments. You should be proud! Absolutely beautiful! I haven't had a Faverolle yet but have heard that they are very sweet birds. Maybe one day I will be able to convince the hubby to let me have one this year
idunno.gif

Howdy everyone... I have been obsessing over this website for the last 2 months. My coop will be finished next week, which is when my chicks arrive. I haven't found many people near San Antonio, but looking forward to the adventures that lie ahead!

Hi everyone
frow.gif
I am having a bit of an issue with my parents. Mainly my mother. She has gone and done the unthinkable and bought chicks. This wouldn't be bad if my mom was internet savvy or if I lived anywhere near her but unfortunately I live 1600 miles away. So my question is for anyone living in or around Conroe, Texas. I need to know if any of you guys build reasonably priced coops for 6-8 chickens. My dad is up in years and has health issues and I am trying my best to help from far away because I don't want him out there trying to act like he is 40 again building a coop. Any info would be helpful. I have not lived there for at least 14 years and don't know anyone that could help her in her cute little endeavor. If there is something, I can make arrangements through other family members to pick up and transport the coop. Thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom