Texas

Quote:
I don't .. I've hatched some of her SFs, but have had HORRIBLE luck with them .. not HER fault .. I've had predator attacks. We are building a better coop right now and then I'm going to get another SF roo from her ... Then I kinda need to re-assess where I'm at. It's hard having to keep them all fortressed up because of the coons and the neighbors' dogs ..
barnie.gif

I'm not sure if she still has BCMs because they are not listed on her website anymore.

I did have some trouble w/ hatching the GCMs I got from her. However, the one that did hatch also fell to a predator attack.

She was really great and actually gave me a BCM chick that was the same age as mine.

Now I have too many chickens & have more eggs than my family can eat. I did have a couple of regular egg customers, but have not heard from them for awhile.

Quote:
I can relate with the too many chickens thing .. but I've only got one hen laying after the last attack that killed my rooster and hurt two of the hens. I've got 17 5 week olds that I'm treating for cocci .. (including the two listed in the craigslist ad .. don't know WHAT I was thinking putting them up again)

The brooders are full .. and the coop isn't finished .. LOL. AND I've got eggs in the bator .. (threw them in after the roo died .. )
barnie.gif

What are you getting for your eggs? I would rather buy from you than Walmart .. LOL

Quote:
Is there anyone who isn't happier when the temp is below 100F?

It feels like we're having cool front because it only got to 95 today.
big_smile.png

I was making the trek out to my car and I realized it was comfortable to be outside in a t-shirt and jeans. I hopped in and my car said it was 94*... Gotta love us Texans who think low-to-mid 90's might as well deserve a jacket!
wink.png

Quote:
Is there anyone who isn't happier when the temp is below 100F?

It feels like we're having cool front because it only got to 95 today.
big_smile.png

I was making the trek out to my car and I realized it was comfortable to be outside in a t-shirt and jeans. I hopped in and my car said it was 94*... Gotta love us Texans who think low-to-mid 90's might as well deserve a jacket!
wink.png

LOL - that is so true
smile.png

I went to the store Saturday and smelled the Hatch chilies roasting and it was only mid-90s and I thought - Ahhhhh fall is here!
smile.png

Quote:
wink.png

LOL - that is so true
smile.png

I went to the store Saturday and smelled the Hatch chilies roasting and it was only mid-90s and I thought - Ahhhhh fall is here!
smile.png

I'm eyeballing my fall decorations .. DDs said they LOVE when I put the fall decorations out because they know the cooler weather is coming .. lol.

ANYBODY GOING TO LA GRANGE THIS WEEKEND ???

POULTRY SHOW SATURDAY SEPT. 5,2010.
frow.gif

IT'S APA,ABA SANCTIONED & A BACKYARD SHOW.

As for me, were just going to look , not show.
hit.gif

Unfortunatly all my birds decided to molt around the same time.
barnie.gif
hit.gif

I figure in about 2 months , we'll be back on are feet, in full feather & ready to show !!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom