Thanksgiving Recipe Challenge!

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
So this is a little Challenge I thought I'd bring here, since we all seem to love baking and eating SO much! Each of us have 2 options here.
pop.gif

Option 1: Place a list of ingredients you have for a thanksgiving side/dessert/appetizer/ect. Number your post accordingly (If is the first list of ingredients or 10th list of ingredients you need to number your list so the replier with a recipe can reply to the correct list #). People can come and answer your list with a recipe.

Option 2: Find someone else's list of ingredients and share a recipe they can use with those ingredients. (You respond by says "Ingredient list #..." 2, 3, 9...whatever, then give the recipe with those included ingredients.)

If you are the one sharing the ingredient list, and someone shares a recipe you like and will use come back and say "I'm using 'so-so' recipe for my list #" and award that person 1 point. Once you've chosen a recipe for your list, you also get 1 point. So that makes you come back and chose one, but not everyone will reply with an recipe for every list.

Rules: Each ingredient list must contain at least 2 ingredients. EX: You can't say ingredient list #(whatever): Turkey. It would have to be Turkey + apples, ect.

I'll start us off with an ingredient list, I bought this stuff at the store today all excited and didn't know what I'd do with it:

Ingredient List #1:

Brussel Sprouts
Brie Cheese

Recipe for ingredient list #1

Trim up Brussels sprouts and saute in a little butter.
Place in baking dish and put chunks of Brie all over and bake until all melty.

Recipe for ingredient list #1

Saute Brussels sprouts and steam until tender, maybe add a spritz of lemon juice or white wine.
Chop coarsely.
Bake Brie until nice and warm.
Either pile the chopped sprouts on top or in a side dish.
Serve with crostini as an appetizer.

Quote:
Recipe for Ingredient List #2:

Sausage stuffing stuffed Venison

Create a stuffing with ven-stock, the breads, mushrooms (reserve some mushroom) & ven sausage
Then stuff inside the Venison tenderloin, wrap with the bakers twine and roast in the oven. Take out, let rest and slice.

Using the reserved mushrooms & more stock create a gravy to go over the medallions of meat and stuffing after you slice and serve them.

Ken, I think I'm going to go with recipe 2 and do it served on a crostini as an appetizer. With all that gooey cheese that would be killer!

So score:

KenK - 1 Pt
Me - 1 Pt

I was thinking about a prize for this... but I wanted to see how well it would go over first. If there isn't a lot of participation I don't know.
tongue.png

I should have done this sooner then now with the holiday so close.

Your recipe was my original idea but I started to worry about the venison getting overcooked. We like our venison fairly rare so it stays juicy. I'm in a quandary...

Quote:
When you roast it, make sure some stock is in the bottom of the roasting pan... and I would seer it in a pan on the stove top before putting it into the oven to roast. It'll help keep moisture sealed in.

i would take the brussel sprouts and julienne them and saute. when done at balsamic vinegar and sugar to sweeten them. put over warm brie round and serve with crackers or bread as an appetizer.

Back
Top Bottom