The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERYONE gets a name here except the Cornish cause they all look alike. If it’s a great name and the chicken has to move on.... we just re-use it. :oops: A few special girls go in the hall of fame if they pass on.

My favorite pastime is naming chickens with a first and last name after one of my friends so I can send them videos of the chickens doing ridiculous things while I’m calling them their full name and speaking to them like I’m talking to my friends. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One of my first chickens was a barred rock named after a good friend and she turned out to be a real witch. We went through several more with that name until the Golden Campine got it and she seems to be here to stay. :love

I totally should have!! For some reason I thought Dorkings were bantam? I may be thinking of another breed lol they sound amazing!! Maybe next order. :p

And awwww adorable!!! I am actually a little bit confused because one of the chicks has grey/slate/green/whatever legs so it MUST be the EE but that chick is also not really chipmunk and more of a solid or darker brown with grayish belly fluff which is how I thought the Partridge Rock was supposed to look, at least according to their pictures on the website, but yet it is chipmunk and the one with the PR coloring had green legs LOL maybe the Partridge Rocks can vary in color? Either way, they are all so adorable!! And it’s fairly easy to tell them apart surprisingly because the Speckled Sussex has the yellow tummy, one of them has green legs, and that just leaves the other one lol and the Delaware has a little bit of black on it’s head/face. You can barely see it but that kind of distinguishes them lol glad I got all different breeds this time! With my first batch, it was a little hairy telling them apart for a while and I still sometimes get them confused LOL

But your EEs are adorable!!! I have our chicks way older sisters or maybe their aunts :p my original chicks came from Meyer as well so I have two 3 1/2 year old EEs too.

Nope, Dorkings are big, fat Large Fowl hennies! :love

I think the Partridge Rocks do vary a bit, both in chick down and adult color. Mine were darker without chipmunk stripes as chicks, and are darker as adults than some others I've seen from Meyer's. :)

Oh, wow, I think I have an older EE from the same year, 2016! She's also a Meyer baby. I've been pretty loyal to Meyer's for a long time now, though, so pretty much anything I haven't hatched at home has been from them. But it helps that they're not too far of a drive from here. (Or maybe it doesn't help in my case... :lol: The temptation is real!)

LOL I name all mine too!! All the adults have names. Haven’t named the littles yet. But the bigs are May (short for Mayflower), Bunny, Diva, Blackie, Beauty, Angel, and Amber, and I had one named Penny.

I have waaaaay too many to list. :p 47 in the main flock, plus my OEGB pair and their five babies, the seven Easter-egger babies (four of which are from Meyer's), two solo rooster boys, the two rooster flocks of three each, my pair of call ducks, and the Guinea fowl. And all of them have names except the EE babies. :D I excel at chicken addition, not so much subtraction.

My favorite pastime is naming chickens with a first and last name after one of my friends so I can send them videos of the chickens doing ridiculous things while I’m calling them their full name and speaking to them like I’m talking to my friends. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bahaha, that sounds amazing! :gig Pretty much anyone I know (outside of BYC) would probably be offended if I tried that, though. :rolleyes: I don't have enough people in my life who 'get' chickens.

I’ve sold off half of my hatch and the remaining 14 (plus two naked necks;)) are headed into the big girl coop tomorrow!!! :):):):(:)

Updates once they get there. :)

0B264B56-4151-4E1F-922A-00623BA9D2BD.jpeg

Bahaha, that sounds amazing! :gig Pretty much anyone I know (outside of BYC) would probably be offended if I tried that, though. :rolleyes: I don't have enough people in my life who 'get' chickens.
Woah woah woah.

Them ‘not getting chickens’ is at LEAST half the fun. Tiffany the naked neck is a salon owner that wouldn’t know the first thing about life here. This is gonna be fun.

Also, I call my girls Hennies, too. But that’s because of RuPauls Drag Race. :oops:

Woah woah woah.

Them ‘not getting chickens’ is at LEAST half the fun. Tiffany the naked neck is a salon owner that wouldn’t know the first thing about life here. This is gonna be fun.

Also, I call my girls Hennies, too. But that’s because of RuPauls Drag Race. :oops:

Point taken! :p You'll have to keep us updated on Tiffany. ;)

I have never actually seen that show, so I don't get the reference. :oops:

Point taken! :p You'll have to keep us updated on Tiffany. ;)

I have never actually seen that show, so I don't get the reference. :oops:
Instead of honey (like “okay, honey”) these drag queens say “hennnnnnnnny” real drawn out and dramatic. So I named a blue marans RuPaul and call them all hennies... I don’t know if the drag queens would entirely approve. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom