The 10th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

:yesss: Congrats!! That's been a temptation in the back of my mind to try on some of the babies I have... But, then again, I can still have hope for some of them miraculously turning out to be girls if I don't. :p

Meet Mika and Tiffany.

654f08bf-00b6-42ca-8dc5-35e01ee3040b-jpeg.1759412
a116f75f-79eb-4d71-9d7e-7695b0d7d8ed-jpeg.1759413

AAAH, I'm so with you on the temptation here! Naked Necks are just so cool, and those chicks are the cutest! :love I've never seen them for sale around here ever or I'd definitely have done the same!

One each of Speckled Sussex, Delaware, Partridge Rock, Easter Egger, and White Leghorn. All females. Hopefully.

They will be joining my current flock of 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 2 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Easter Eggers when they are old enough.

I love my EEs and BR so wanted to add another EE and another color Rock.

I love them all already. The little Delaware is soooo sweet. :love the Sussex is a feisty one LOL not mean just very active and loud :lau

You mean to tell me you got chicks from Meyer Hatchery and didn't even get any of the best, sweetest, most cuddly breed ever, the Dorking?! :eek::barnie:rant

Just messing, of course. ;) Congrats! I have your Easter-egger's older sisters from last week's hatch. Actually, one of my two looks pretty similar to your EE, too! I've just been calling her Brownie-Bite until I decide on a 'real' name for her, because she's such a nice, chocolatey brown color. :p

Brownie bite.jpg

Haha, I just name everything! :p Even the eggs I set get little markings to distinguish them and I refer to them as "Egg ___", then "Baby ___" once they hatch.

Although, I did have one Marans cockerel a couple years ago who was just a real jerk, so I knew he would earn a spot in the freezer by that fall, and his name was 'Stew'. That turned out to be short for 'Stewpid' a little later, because he was. :rolleyes:

:yesss: Congrats!! That's been a temptation in the back of my mind to try on some of the babies I have... But, then again, I can still have hope for some of them miraculously turning out to be girls if I don't. :p

AAAH, I'm so with you on the temptation here! Naked Necks are just so cool, and those chicks are the cutest! :love I've never seen them for sale around here ever or I'd definitely have done the same!

You mean to tell me you got chicks from Meyer Hatchery and didn't even get any of the best, sweetest, most cuddly breed ever, the Dorking?! :eek::barnie:rant

Just messing, of course. ;) Congrats! I have your Easter-egger's older sisters from last week's hatch. Actually, one of my two looks pretty similar to your EE, too! I've just been calling her Brownie-Bite until I decide on a 'real' name for her, because she's such a nice, chocolatey brown color. :p

View attachment 1759508

I totally should have!! For some reason I thought Dorkings were bantam? I may be thinking of another breed lol they sound amazing!! Maybe next order. :p

And awwww adorable!!! I am actually a little bit confused because one of the chicks has grey/slate/green/whatever legs so it MUST be the EE but that chick is also not really chipmunk and more of a solid or darker brown with grayish belly fluff which is how I thought the Partridge Rock was supposed to look, at least according to their pictures on the website, but yet it is chipmunk and the one with the PR coloring had green legs LOL maybe the Partridge Rocks can vary in color? Either way, they are all so adorable!! And it’s fairly easy to tell them apart surprisingly because the Speckled Sussex has the yellow tummy, one of them has green legs, and that just leaves the other one lol and the Delaware has a little bit of black on it’s head/face. You can barely see it but that kind of distinguishes them lol glad I got all different breeds this time! With my first batch, it was a little hairy telling them apart for a while and I still sometimes get them confused LOL

But your EEs are adorable!!! I have our chicks way older sisters or maybe their aunts :p my original chicks came from Meyer as well so I have two 3 1/2 year old EEs too.

Haha, I just name everything! :p Even the eggs I set get little markings to distinguish them and I refer to them as "Egg ___", then "Baby ___" once they hatch.

Although, I did have one Marans cockerel a couple years ago who was just a real jerk, so I knew he would earn a spot in the freezer by that fall, and his name was 'Stew'. That turned out to be short for 'Stewpid' a little later, because he was. :rolleyes:

LOL I name all mine too!! All the adults have names. Haven’t named the littles yet. But the bigs are May (short for Mayflower), Bunny, Diva, Blackie, Beauty, Angel, and Amber, and I had one named Penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom