The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok opinion needed one of the chickens that hatched has a smaller left wing she can't stay upright. has anyone had this happen should I cull her or is there a solution?

haha my husband says "ya but my gun doesn't have to eat" to which i tell him "you feed it plenty of bullets" and that usually quiets him up
gig.gif

My Cutest Easter Chick Contest entries, for those that don't take a look at the thread. These were taken today.

I didn't really have what I wanted to work with, but tried my best to make it 'Easter' related.

3buff & 1 white silkie..

So cute!

Quote:
I would sprinkle a bit on the food to make sure the sick one gets it. After that it will not hurt them to have it free choice every once in a while. They will know how much they need.

I hope they get better soon!

My two plastic tote brooders are moved outside to the shed side of the coop with modified heat lamp positioning. It's about 85 down at chick level. I think they will do fine since there are so many of them so they can sleep in a big chicken-pile, but I already miss having them in the house and playing with them while in my jammies. But I will appreciate having my office back. If I can sell enough chicks, one of these brooders might come back in the house in two weeks when I hatch again, or else I'll just have to make a 3rd
wink.png
. Hope this improves the attitude of the hubs about so many chicks (out of sight out of mind?)

I have BCM in the incubator with Orpingtons now, my DH said it is more than enough now. Since the NYD hatch I have not turned off either incubator. He has no idea we have over 200 chicks. He just knows I buy a bag of chick feed a week.
lau.gif

highfive.gif
I just loaded up with BCM and BO tonight-- lovely combination to look at!

Last edited:
Guess I need to finish this hatch up. It was my first hatch ever and I had shipped eggs. Set 15 eggs, pulled 5 during candling that were clear. Hatched 6 out of the remaining 10.

2 Wheaton Marans
3 Americaunas
1 Blue Marans

Overall not bad for a firt timer using shipped eggs.
Now to find my next batch!
yippiechickie.gif

So how many hatched in the hatch a long?
We had 12 out of 14 eggs hatch, but I wasn't in time to enter . Had fun just the same.

@Happy Chooks
@Sally Sunshine
@anyone else who seems to work at this website haaha

I am new to this site this year and I was wondering, are contests always going on? It is AWESOME!

LET ME KNOW!

celebrate.gif
They have several hatch a longs a year. also its great to check the BYC contests section of the forum on occasion. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15879/sponsored-content-contests-and-giveaways Not sure what hatch-a-long is next or who will be handling them though. Glad you liked the contests!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom