The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.

I believe he's really dreaming about some chicken nuggets lol but in all honesty he's great with them, but he doesn't have a second with them alone. Everytime I get them out he lays down with them, I hope to slowly get the chickens use to seeing him and him use to being around them without thinking 'food' or toys. The rir we plan to keep actually pecked him right in the nose, I got nervous but ruger just turned his head.

Last edited:
I'm
I can't - I'm not a US resident.  There was only 1 contest I could enter.
Doesn't matter - it died :(  Somehow I manage to kill all 6 of my Muscovy eggs, 4 of which should have hatched as they were 'full-term'.  The other 2 died sometime after the last candling.  I'm totally bummed as that was the thing I was most excited about from this hatch and clearly it was an incubation issue.  I also lost 1 duckling out of 6 (1 other was a rotten egg) and had 3 full-term chicken eggs also not hatch.  I lost 11 eggs.

I'm so sorry I lost 6 full term silkie eggs, or at least appeared to be full term I dared not to completely open them as I couldn't have stood it but did peak in before tossing. I believe my problem was opening the incubator to much to wards the end, part of that too was when the chicks were playing soccer with the eggs and had me Opening it even more, will not make that mistake again and next time I will set basket in there so I won't have to worry.

Well, the tally. 1 leaker, and 9 duds After 4 temp spikes after lockdown, 21 dead from the spikes and 11 hatched but 3 didn't make it. 8 made it and I'm happy with that, just wish the thermostat would have behaved.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Reporting my terrible hatch rate....................6 out of the 30 set. There were multiple issues during this set, including a power outage.

I couldn't catch up, so skipped the 2,000+ posts.

Last edited:

I believe he's really dreaming about some chicken nuggets lol but in all honesty he's great with them, but he doesn't have a second with them alone. Everytime I get them out he lays down with them, I hope to slowly get the chickens use to seeing him and him use to being around them without thinking 'food' or toys. The rir we plan to keep actually pecked him right in the nose, I got nervous but ruger just turned his head.
Wow, that is one good Boston! My mom has one and she's a tiny critter killing machine. Seriously, I think that little dog kills more mice and rats than the cat does. Your boy sure is cute though, I do love those squishy faces.

Wow, that is one good Boston! My mom has one and she's a tiny critter killing machine. Seriously, I think that little dog kills more mice and rats than the cat does. Your boy sure is cute though, I do love those squishy faces.

Thanks!
He gently licks them so Im not sure of his motives, he will crawl on his belly but when they touch him he is so unsure. I give him lots of praise for being so gentle and tell him easy which he knows,but I can't help but picture me turning around for a second though and seeing little chick legs hanging from His mouth. It will definitely take a long while before I fully trust him with them, hes great with all animals though and loves cats, sadly for him not all cats love him though lol!
And in the end he KNOWS momma has no problem giving him a good WOMP! If he did anything to the chicks, but I really try to keep every experience for all positive so he won't view them as anything negative. So far things are going nicely :)
Sometimes the way he looks at them I think he is thinking 'killer chickens' lol he was much easier going with the 4 silkies but when I brought out 9rirs he was much more alert and nervous! Lol I think these could take him down hehe
And your moms Boston sounds like the typical terrier and certainly nothing wrong with that!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom