The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
so sorry about the young man who died in the traffic accident. They don't usually think about their actions. He paid dearly.
When I was young I was invited to go with a group of kids to Riverside, California about 30 miles from home. They kept telling me we'd get home before anyone knew we were gone. I choose not to go. 5 kids went. The driver took a off ramp to fast the car flipped over the railing and kill all 5 kids. If told my children about it If it feels wrong it probably. Use good judgement.
And speed kills. My kids are adults now. No mother should have to lose a child. Give her my best wishes.

any way probably 25 chicks have hatched a lot more are peeped. I am going to bed.
Happy Hatching

Congrats to everyone with pips zips and chicks and ducks!

I have three out and have two more pips! Woot woot!

Okay, an hour ago I was wanting to hear peeps. That will never happen as long as they are in the shell. I can't hear over the fans.
Woo-hoo, I got my first pip in the #11 egg. The shell has been smooth all day and at 12:05 I looked and the shell had the pip mark on the side. I am so happy for just that. Now come on little chick you can, you can! I'm hopeful.
big_smile.png

Man I am waiting on pins and needles for chicks to hatch. What a life. DH is just as excited.

Hello all :)
First let me give my deepest condolences to the person who lost her son last night. Such a tragedy! So very sorry.

On a brighter side, of the 20 eggs that made it to lockdown, 8 have successfully hatched & the 9th is unzipping as I type. I did not know about this contest, but set me eggs out the evening of Mar 8. Started with 24, but removed 4 clears at LD.

Being as this is my first hatch, I had a few questions: My Egg-O-Matic (as I call it) is a Brinsea ECO 20. It has been running at about 101 since the chicks started hatching. I have a brooder set up & warming up already, but wasn't sure if I should remove the dry fluffies to it yet. I did get in there very briefly to remove some shells, but theft the darlings inside. I figure if nothing else, they are helping crack the slower eggs ;) Should I bring some over to the brooder?

I have a friend who is also trying her first hatch in a homemade incubator. However, she set her eggs 3 days before me & still has not had a pip. She said 2 eggs are rocking since yesterday morning. She had a problem midway with temperature. There was a spike then it ran on the low side for a spell. The eggs were still rocking last I heard. Should she try to assist? This morning would make day 25 for her.

I have plenty of pix, but most on FB right now. I'll see about putting them on Photobucket so I can share them over here. :)

Bad day...bad day... but not with the eggs (atleast I hope...havent checked on them again)
My two boys at home 15 & 17 had a childhood friend (17) get killed tonight in a car accident. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was ejected.  The driver one of his friends was driving recklessly.  The father of Hunter (the one that passed) died several years ago and mom has had a tough time as she is blind.  She relied on hunter for everthing...groceries, get to work etc.  This has been a devestating evening, but... I post so you go hug your love ones, life is too fragile not to shower your loved ones with affection, and lecture lecture lecture your teenage drivers about reckless driving and wearing their seat belts.  Please God take me before I ever lose a child.
Oh so sorry to hear. How tragic! I will most definitely hug my teen son & husband. He turned 16 back in December. Hasn't expressed any desire to get his licence, but know he will want it someday. My heart goes out to all those who have been affected.

Well, I woke up to one chick at 5:30 a.m. that had zipped all around & yet to push top off. Humidity went down & membranes getting tan. Yikes! I quickly moistened the edge of the crack & boosted humidity. He's out now, yay! Another 2 are pipped & waiting to zip. 2 fuzzies already out from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom