The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had one hatch last night, one this morning, 6 this afternoon, and the last 2 are pipped and working on it. So I started with 12 - 1 never developed, 1 passed during the first week. 10 went into lockdown, and it looks like we will have 10 chicks!! :D. I will update when the last two are done.

I'm still waiting on 3 chicken eggs, 3 duck eggs and 6 muscovy. I don't think my muscovy are going to hatch :( Everything else has hatched though - including 2 chicks in my hen house!

So cute! I hope you can get it a buddy.
fl.gif
Thanks! Yeah, I`m hoping to get a few more chicks this Saturday. He`s really lonely. I`m just so glad to have gotten at least 1 chick!!

Sorry to everyone who didn't hatch anything...I've been there before and it stinks.
sad.png

ROOSTER CROWN

Step 1: Cut empty toilet roll into crown shape and clean some egg shells(its best to remove the inner "skin")

Step 2: Paint egg shells and toilet roll desired color

Step 3: Crush eggshell and glue onto crown

Step 4: Glue on sequins and wrap pipe cleaner around base

And you're done!

Final update for me:

42 eggs set
19 removed before going into lock down
23 went in lock down
21 chicks hatched: 14 EEs, 2 OEs, 6 BBS Orps (the pic in the incubator was the last hold out)

Sorry for being a pic hog but I am elated since this is my first time ever incubating eggs
ya.gif
Wow, you did good! I just love little EE's..they and their cute puffy cheeks. There are some cute ones in there. A fun thing about the EE's, they change so much during their growth. It's fun to watch the change.

Final count:
25 Set---------------------------9 Hatched!

1 Wheaten Ameracauna
1 Olive Egger
2 French Black Copper Marans
5 Barnyard Mix (White California x Barred Rock, Red Sex-link, Rhode Island Red)

Ace! You got some! Good for you. Have you posted pictures..wait, I haven't caught up yet...lol...maybe you have.

FINAL COUNT: 4 Set..........1 Hatched!

1-infertile
1-died within first week
1-died in shell when I was gone for Easter(temp. got really high)
1-HATCHED!!

Here`s my little baby
lol.png

Adorable! So glad you got one.. That will be one spoiled baby. :)

ROOSTER CROWN

Step 1: Cut empty toilet roll into crown shape and clean some egg shells(its best to remove the inner "skin")

Step 2: Paint egg shells and toilet roll desired color

Step 3: Crush eggshell and glue onto crown

Step 4: Glue on sequins and wrap pipe cleaner around base

And you're done!

Love it!
clap.gif

Ended with 10(4 EO and 6 Buckeye) from 12, 1 was infertile and one didn't make it was dead inside of the shell very well developed, even I wasn't at home when they were hatching to help them. I was with my kids(Easter) in the park sorry little dudes(chicks) and today I set 8 Chocolate Orpington's and 4 Giros for an Uncle.

Last edited:
We are on day 23 with our batch. Two more chicks just hatched. One of them was an upside down chick and we almost did not notice her zipping at the bottom of the egg because I have the eggs in an egg carton after lock down, luckily we were able to help her along once we realized what was happening. *Whew* We have one more that is trying to hatch, so may be at 7 total in the next few hours. Still wish were getting more chicks since we started with 27 eggs. But up until this morning, I thought we were only going to get 3 chicks. So I'm happy with 7. We'll see if we have any more late hatchers. I'm going to be a basket case by the time this hatch is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom