The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rae is wonderful. I enjoy chatting with her. Im not on facebook but I am always on her page looking to see what is up and coming in her world of chickens and I am often tempted to buy chicks from her lol. She buys hatching eggs from me. Its nice to network with other chicken people.

What all did you pick up for chicks?
I got light and coronation sussex and a blue copper marans. and I think I will be going up again to get more, she is getting some nice ameraucanas in a few weeks haha. just what I need.... more chickens lol

@Cynthia12 what color would you say this EE pullet is?

IMG_20140501_171636_zps5wiqc3ps.jpg

Looks like blue partridge to me.

Im soo happy. I was candling the silkie who is sitting on duck eggs. What did I see in all three at week three? Kicking little ones well alive. I was nervous that one was dead, and i held the egg very stil and the part i as shining the light through turned dark.
celebrate.gif
Also out of seven eggs in the incubator i have at least five with babies in them the other two are clear. IM SOO HAPPY
wee.gif
omg congratz!!! My silkie is sitting on 3 eggs to! I Just checked them and they are all kicking!!! 1 of them is a week apart from the others but seems t look the same!

Last chance to get your Total Number of Chicks Hatched in to us!

Please post your total chicks hatched in this thread.
We've sent out PM's, and will be closing out the contest soon.

My cochin that went missing, I tried putting her eggs in the incubator. They are hatching!!!
ya.gif

One was out when I got home and 2 are pipped. another 3 with just movement.

And my showgirl has had two hatch also...

a silkie with mama:

and a showgirl :

Both with vaulted heads.
ya.gif

Last edited:
@Cynthia12 what color would you say this EE pullet is?

IMG_20140501_171636_zps5wiqc3ps.jpg

Oh wow, not sure you can call that one any particular color. Looks like she has some partridge in her though, and some blue. Going look pretty cool looking the older she gets. If it's a she.
big_smile.png

Wow, you all amazed us with pictures of your stunning birds! We had a lot of entries, which is wonderful for the contest, but makes judging a bit more time consuming.

It was very close among several entries.
The 2 winners of the Most Striking Domestic Male Fowl Contest are..........

zazouse
LL

MinxFox
LL

Congratulations to the winners! And thank you everyone for participating!
Wow! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom