The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I candled and all, but the Silkie have veins. So six growing. I didn't pull it thought I would give it a few more days.

This is the first time I have used a incubator that the eggs lay on their sides. When I candled it looked like everything was on one side. Is this normal? I have the turner set to turn every 45 mins.

These are Day 10.They are jetting around thier eggs like crazy! Have fun guys its gonna get cramped soon! I need opinions on the (especially the top 3): Pretty sure this one is bad/clear? Blood ring/vein? Maybe? It doesnt move and not much veining at all. Almost positive that nothing could live in that one! There was something there I swear. Shes moving around like a crack hen. Another crack hen but you can see her veins. Again veins. I think they were playing hide and seek with my camera! Can see a smidge of baby in the top. This one is named Rooster Egg by my awesome step son. This one almost got away from the camera.
The visual on my mobile is poor but I'd say you have it right. First-clear, second-quitter, third-clear, rest-doing well. I'd leave them in a few more days at least, though, just in case. They'll help hold humidity if nothing else. Just get that quitter out as soon as it starts to smell even a little.

The visual on my mobile is poor but I'd say you have it right. First-clear, second-quitter, third-clear, rest-doing well. I'd leave them in a few more days at least, though, just in case. They'll help hold humidity if nothing else. Just get that quitter out as soon as it starts to smell even a little.

Well I got some opinions from my fb groups also and ended up tossing the bright speckled one and cracking it open to inspect what I was seeing. It was a very warm very runny egg. Nothing else at all.

Had another moment of temptation and snuck a candling in on another egg - an absolutely gorgeous spider in there!

yippiechickie.gif

Oh my, this is getting very exciting for me - C'mon candle day!

So I have a family emergency and am flying to Colorado in the morning. I put 100 plus eggs into lock down this evening. Candled as I went they are all close to pipping internally already. Not sure how long I will be gone but will most likely miss the hatch. Leaving my kids to watch out for the chicks and also to turn the 388 eggs for Easter. Hopefully they do as they should. This will not be a good trip. Please pray for my family.

So I have a family emergency and am flying to Colorado in the morning. I put 100 plus eggs into lock down this evening. Candled as I went they are all close to pipping internally already. Not sure how long I will be gone but will most likely miss the hatch. Leaving my kids to watch out for the chicks and also to turn the 388 eggs for Easter. Hopefully they do as they should. This will not be a good trip. Please pray for my family.
fl.gif

Blessings!

It was exactly the bantam bin I fell for - and I like the big chickens! I'll rationalize it in retrospect - I need those perfect itty bitty eggs for bit sized deviled eggs. There we go.

Me too..bantams. I got two last week, one died. Little bantam NN. The other bantam NN did fine. They have said they guarantee..so I took the little body with me. :/ No one wanted to look, but I got another baby, it looks to be a cochin. Now, if these can just be girls.

This is the inside result of the bright speckled one... I wanted to check what I was seeing inside the egg or not seeing rather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom