The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here ya' go, Mary!

6 Swedish Flower Hen, 4 Ameraucana project, 1 Black Copper Marans (may be blue), and 1 Isbar pullet for a total of 12. (the 2 with X's on them are due next week, so don't count)

I am in Wales and won't be home to England until tomorrow night so I will set mine then (about 24 hours from now).
Do you want my eggs to count towards the total or not?

Ok, our total for setting is 47 chicken eggs*! There are some Speckled Sussex in there, and then all the rest will be mix with a RIR Roo and SS Roo over Ameraucana, OE, Golden Comet, BUff Orpington, BLack Australorp, and possibly Black Sex Links. *There are also some eggs that look suspiciously like Guinea eggs, but I didn't think our Guineas are laying again yet, AND they are just not quite as triangular shaped as they were last year, so they are either small, oddly shaped chicken eggs, or they are rounder than normal Guinea eggs. Who knows, maybe someone got a little crazy and they are a mix?! So we threw them in there to see what comes out.... I'm a little concerned however, I have a new thermometer and I don't think its working. I have had the incubator turned back on for two days prior to setting and the thermometer appears to be stuck at 90 degrees. There is no way the incubator is not up to temp! We jsut used it for a test run prior to this HAL and successfully hatched out 10 chicks, with no problems with the temp. I threw out the thermometer afterwards because it was just so nasty (2 nd year in a row using it for several hatches). Figured it was no big deal to buy a new one....now I think I have a bum thermometer because its not accurately reading. Nothing is different with the bator, so I really don't think its that?

I don't know if I qualify for the hatch along!
I set 3 duck eggs today, I will be setting chicken eggs when I collect enough to set, I get 4 or 5 eggs a day so it will be a few days!

I have set 12 eggs. one from each of my hens that layed in the last 3 days.I suspect the 2 Ameraucanas and one other bantam will not be fertile, but I hope that they are. 4 are outside the turner so I will have to keep them turned manually.

Set 27 Dominque eggs yesterday 3-13 at 6:30 PM. First time trying to hatch eggs. 18 of them had been refrigerated. Some for as long as 2 weeks, which is how long it's been since I had to rehome my rooster. I read on here that some people have luck hatching refrigerated eggs, so figured I'd give it a try.

I don't know if I qualify for the hatch along!
I set 3 duck eggs today, I will be setting chicken eggs when I collect enough to set, I get 4 or 5 eggs a day so it will be a few days!

theres a 2 day before and after date that you can set the eggs...of that makes since...so chicken eggs can be set as late as the 16th...if I have it correct

16 broodies.... :eek: . I was gonna say that would put a damper on your egg laying, but it appears that is not a problem lol.

Lol, that should read 16 eggs under my "2" broodies. 16 broodies sure would be a lot easier than hand turning two bators full though. :D

poo, ive been trying that with my farmers innovator rack for 30 minutes now. LOL

In my farm innovators I have to take the motor off to take the racks out. It takes a bit of coordination to get them back in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom