The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that have multiple thermometers and are stressing about the temperature differences, get this thermometer and you'll never worry again! The Brinsea Spot Check is accurate to .1 degree. Best thing I ever bought for hatching!

I agree. This is extremely accurate. Youll be shocked how inaccurate your other "accurate" thermometers are.

OK! My brinsea spot check just came in the mail. It's reading 101.4 at the top of the bottom layer of eggs, which is perfect for the still air LG, right? I haven't measured the top layer of eggs, but there are only 9 of those. I can move them all around and switch places when I turn the top eggs, right?

My egg set up.
Yep!

I noticed my number set is not filled in yet on the first page. Just as well because it has changed. Some of my shipped eggs have not arrived so I have a total of 19 that were set 3/13/15. They are 9 CCL, 3 lav. orp., 4 BCM and 3 Birchen marans.

Looks like I will have 3 separate staggered hatches going. CRAZY MAKING! I've had pen and paper out trying to determine how to shift the 2 brinsea's around to make this work. Initially, I was thinking about not doing the EHAL
th.gif
because I have a first grandchild due 4/3
wee.gif
, but caught the fever and now will be hatching until mid April. You guys are a BAD influence!
hu.gif

Having a difficult time staying off this thread long enough to work. Need a notification that says: Out to BYC back mid April.

I can't find original post to add my egg . Since above is quote, I can't open lin . Disappointed but I see veins toda . Yippee

Post it here.

Oh wow, can't believe how many have not reported their count yet!

When Happy Chooks says...here, and it's underlined, she means here, on this very thread..just post it..don't try and use the here as a link.

I think it is a law that any green eggs you have on St. Patrick's Day must be hatched.
old.gif
And, since you want to ensure no lonely chicks, you need to set the blue ones, too - make sure you set a few days worth of eggs to be sure.
How about if your blue egg looks like this. Do you still set it? I am pretty sure its a double yolker

Also, oddly enough we bought some strawberries today and found this in the box. This cannot be natural, so I am not letting my kids or chicken eat these strawberries

Last edited:
Quote: Sure, why not on the egg? You might get twins! I know, they are rare to hatch, but you have the luck of the Irish going for you today!
big_smile.png

As to the Strawberry, they do have varieties that are that big. Bakeries, candy shops and restaurants use those to cover with chocolate and sell at a premium. I grew one of the extra large varieties one year, but I found the texture too soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom