The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Does anyone on here use a cabinet incubator? I am contemplating getting one and I really would like some input on if they are worth the money. I have been using styro bators and my hatches have been awful. Not even 50% and everything goes great until lock down. Lock down seems to go good, humidity stays where it's suppose to and everything, the eggs are just not hatching.:barnie It's really frustrating. So I just need to know, do eggs hatch better in the cabinets.:caf

I use a Brinsea Ova easy 380 advance cabinet incubator to do the incubating, I move eggs into my Styrofoam hovaBator Genesis to hat h. It keeps the incubator clean. I keep debating if I want to get a new hatcher, but my system works just fine. At the very least I need to get a new genesis or similar soon, I need more hatching space.

Anyway, what I really love about the brinsea incubator is I set the eggs and leave them completely alone until I want to candle or until lockdown. It hasnt failed me once in the two years I have had it (bought it used).
I have been having difficulty with the humidity pump. I think my Jack or sensor has gone bad, but since I dry incubate most of the year, this hasn't been to much of an issue.

I use a Brinsea Ova easy 380 advance cabinet incubator to do the incubating, I move eggs into my Styrofoam hovaBator Genesis to hat h. It keeps the incubator clean. I keep debating if I want to get a new hatcher, but my system works just fine. At the very least I need to get a new genesis or similar soon, I need more hatching space.

Anyway, what I really love about the brinsea incubator is I set the eggs and leave them completely alone until I want to candle or until lockdown. It hasnt failed me once in the two years I have had it (bought it used).
I have been having difficulty with the humidity pump. I think my Jack or sensor has gone bad, but since I dry incubate most of the year, this hasn't been to much of an issue.

The hatching is what I feel I'm having the most trouble with. My DH made me a couple of great cooler bators last year, they never waiver in temp or humidity, it's just when it comes time to hatch I move them to the syrofoam bators and then I have horrible hatches. I have eggs going to hatch this coming weekend that I am going to keep in the cooler bator to see if I have better luck.
fl.gif

Does anyone on here use a cabinet incubator? I am contemplating getting one and I really would like some input on if they are worth the money. I have been using styro bators and my hatches have been awful. Not even 50% and everything goes great until lock down. Lock down seems to go good, humidity stays where it's suppose to and everything, the eggs are just not hatching.:barnie It's really frustrating. So I just need to know, do eggs hatch better in the cabinets.:caf

I have a GQF 1202 cabinet bator that I absolutely love. Works wonderful! I also move my eggs to my styrofoam hovabator to hatch in. Everything works smoothly and I have great hatches :)

CONTESTS ARE STILL OPEN:

Contest #5: Cutest Baby Fowl Ends April 3rd ENDS MIDNIGHT SUNDAY TONIGHT!!!
To enter, go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-fowl-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_50

Contest #8: Natural Egg Photo Contest Ends April 5th
To enter, go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ntest-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_50

Contest #11: Peeps Art Contest Ends April 7th
To enter, go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ntest-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_50

Contest #12: Wet Poultry Ends April 8th
To enter, go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...l-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_100#post_16611421

Does anyone on here use a cabinet incubator? I am contemplating getting one and I really would like some input on if they are worth the money. I have been using styro bators and my hatches have been awful. Not even 50% and everything goes great until lock down. Lock down seems to go good, humidity stays where it's suppose to and everything, the eggs are just not hatching.
barnie.gif
It's really frustrating. So I just need to know, do eggs hatch better in the cabinets.
caf.gif

I use my reg coolers as hatchers or for stuff that needs higher humidity and this cooler cabinet for most reg eggs, I love the coolers, lightbulbs puter fans and WAFER thermostats!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...bator-how-we-did-it-and-test-run-ready-set-go

Good question, I was thinking about saving up for one of these too. Sahwithchicks, what kind of rooster is that in your photo? It is gorgeous!

Good thing is I can stagger a plenty in the cooler cabinet and use the reg coolers for hatching.... keeps clean and sweet to use the cabinet with the results of a reg cooler

Back
Top Bottom