The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

You had the Marans rooster in with the flock within the last 6 weeks?

There is a lot of plain wrong information out there about how long it takes for cock bird sperm to die inside of a hen. Remember, they are not mammals and do not work the same at all, period, Dot, Dot, Exclamation!

The flock I have is all I have ha for almost 8 months my Roo's are the only ones I have ever had. The chicks are beautiful I just wish I could figure out what they are lol

Never owned a Marans roo

Last edited:
I'm throwing my feathered cap into the ring..
cool.png
We've just hatched our first chickie and I think we're ready to get serious with this thing! Nothing fancy here: just barnyard crosses (Australorp roo + RIR, SLW, & an Ameraucana)

First chick of many, I hope!
fl.gif

Side note: We really don't know which eggs belong to which hen (except the Ameraucana of course). Any idea if this chick is a wyandotte or a RIR cross?

LL

Cute little stinkers!

love.gif

Whoo Hoo, I'm In!!!
yesss.gif

Yesterday was set day for Muscovies! Get your eggs in, if you haven't already!

muscovy duck: 35 days to hatch; set February 20th

frow.gif

I'm throwing my feathered cap into the ring..
cool.png
We've just hatched our first chickie and I think we're ready to get serious with this thing! Nothing fancy here: just barnyard crosses (Australorp roo + RIR, SLW, & an Ameraucana)

First chick of many, I hope!
fl.gif

Side note: We really don't know which eggs belong to which hen (except the Ameraucana of course). Any idea if this chick is a wyandotte or a RIR cross?
love.gif

The flock I have is all I have ha for almost 8 months my Roo's are the only ones I have ever had. The chicks are beautiful I just wish I could figure out what they are lol

Never owned a Marans roo
It must have been the silkier roo then. How many toes do they have?

Also, feathers on the leg is a DQ for RIRs. The EE may have been crossed to a marans too. What is the comb like on him?

Last edited:
I'm waiting for my allergy meds to kick in before I venture out to the coop, so I'm going to catch up with posts on here. So....far....behind. :th
1f602.png
1f602.png
tell me about allergies. Crazy weather here as well. It can be 25-30 degrees here one day and 65-70 the next. No wonder everyone ( myself included) keep getting head colds.

HarmonyAnns polish babies getting big!! She was having fun putting them on my fox! I told her they poo on it she is in trouble!! they pood on her instead!! ha ha ha

Back
Top Bottom