The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

HarmonyAnns polish babies getting big!! She was having fun putting them on my fox! I told her they poo on it she is in trouble!! they pood on her instead!! ha ha ha

OMG too cute, I love it when they get to that goofy only a mother would love kind of stage. It's like they get so homely they are cute. I have some mixes about 3-4 weeks old that are just sooooo ugly right now

Very awesome to have the Emu egg update Asever1!!
I’m so sorry for you to hear of your and
generaldsherman’s losses. It is SO frustrating and disheartening.
sad.png
I learned to trap because of our predation last year. I was so upset I had to deal with it some way. I haven’t had the heart to clean up the strewn feathers from our girls in the big barn yet.
It’s exciting to hear about everyone’s test hatches…and seeing the chick updates!!
woot.gif
I’m LOVING all the pics!!! Such cutie babies!!
love.gif

I’m really surprised at how different breeds can look so much like others as chicks.
Everyone’s getting me all excited hearing about you all getting ready for the HAL!!
celebrate.gif
From collecting eggs...to getting new incubators @ Raz. And fixing old ones…
yesss.gif
to spray foam!! I see our TSC has an incubator on their website. Very cool!! (and about time)
I’m hoping your hatch is ok,
Junibutt. I agree with everyone else…they are pretty tough.
thumbsup.gif

I hope everyone is well and getting well for those who have been sick; Cynthia12, Sally Sunshine, RavenFallen…and I know there were others (but my brain isn’t co-operating right now.)
hugs.gif
Also best of health for those with significant others who have had cancer rear its ugly head.
hugs.gif

The soap is very lovely, Sahwithchicks!
bow.gif

And it’s fantastic to see all the people coming on board!! Wow!
woot.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I had an easter egg hunt today!

I was out doing chicken chores when I heard a hen around the corner in an old shed--When I checked, I found that some of the TJ's hens had been using an old roll out nest box to lay eggs--There were 40 eggs in there!

I am off to float test and clean them now.

Silly Chickens!

I had an easter egg hunt today!

I was out doing chicken chores when I heard a hen around the corner in an old shed--When I checked, I found that some of the TJ's hens had been using an old roll out nest box to lay eggs--There were 40 eggs in there!

I am off to float test and clean them now.

Silly Chickens!
Wow, 40?

-Kathy

I have 1 RIR ROO, 1 Easter Egger Roo, 1 Plymouth Barred rock, 4 Jersey, 2 RIW, 2 Marans, I also have a small flock of Bantam silkies but I don't foresee them having much to do with it LOL

I had originally though Easter egger but the feet and leg feathers are confusing me
Ok so now I am really confused I went down to look and 3 of the babies have leg feathers the other 2 look NOTHING like this one either one is silver and the other is almost all black with a muti colored face lol this is an interesting hatch to say the least.

I have got to have some kind of cross breed in here I think maybe the Easter Egger Roo. But alas he has already met his fate so no more babies from him.

Was going to ask if you had any Marans. They tend to have the lateral feather legs with the stubby outer toes. They've been breeding clean-legged Marans, but it's possible to get throwbacks. Shrug? My Marans I used to have had feet that looked just like those, with the smattering of lateral feathers. It'll be fun to watch them grow.

Love, LOVE, LOVE your rooster!!! He's gorgeous...and I LOVE his color!!!

We've been getting wind right along too...(SO tired of all the wind.)
I wanted to get a good pic of one of my roosters a couple of weeks ago, but he turned just as I took it...and I got this.
roll.png

Not quite what I was going for. Kinda funny though.
tongue.png

Great shot! LOL

Back
Top Bottom