The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Look at this handful of cuteness
Awe! Adorable!!!!!

somad.gif
he.gif

OK so I am going to vent real quick..... I got an emergency call from a local animal shelter yesterday about 2 baby ducks about 3 weeks old that were in need of some help. A women went to a store bought 2 Pekin Ducks so that her daughter could play a prank on a teacher at school. Well, after the prank was over she didn't know what to do with these babies so she stuck them in a small shoe box and put a book on the top of the box, she had a shot glass in the box with water full of poop and she had been throwing sugared cereal into the box for 2 1/2 week to feel them. She finally decided it was time to get rid of them and was going to drop them off at a local park on a river bank....... Thank god there was a cop there and got a bad vibe by what this lady was doing and he took the ducks to a local shelter, unfortunately this shelter is not equipped to take "farm animals" as they call them and called me to see if I could help. After they were checked by a vet these poor babies are SUPER dehydrated, they are anemic, their legs are so cracked they are splitting and bleeding. The male has a dry crack in his beak and the vet had to scrape dried on poop off the inside top of his beak.

I DONT GET IT, I DONT understand how people can just be so horrible. I was supposed to be fostering these ducks just until they are healthy enough to be rehomed, but alas I am a foster failure and will be keeping them. They have had it bad enough I am not about to let them go to another bad situation. Besides, they follow me EVERYWHERE and our resident bunny has already made them her BFF's LOL
smiley-angry021.gif
These kinds of stories just make me want to burst! What kind of mother encourages/enables/helps a child to play a prank that includes animal cruelty?!
smiley-angry021.gif

Blessing upon blessing for your kind heart.

somad.gif
he.gif

OK so I am going to vent real quick..... I got an emergency call from a local animal shelter yesterday about 2 baby ducks about 3 weeks old that were in need of some help. A women went to a store bought 2 Pekin Ducks so that her daughter could play a prank on a teacher at school. Well, after the prank was over she didn't know what to do with these babies so she stuck them in a small shoe box and put a book on the top of the box, she had a shot glass in the box with water full of poop and she had been throwing sugared cereal into the box for 2 1/2 week to feel them. She finally decided it was time to get rid of them and was going to drop them off at a local park on a river bank....... Thank god there was a cop there and got a bad vibe by what this lady was doing and he took the ducks to a local shelter, unfortunately this shelter is not equipped to take "farm animals" as they call them and called me to see if I could help. After they were checked by a vet these poor babies are SUPER dehydrated, they are anemic, their legs are so cracked they are splitting and bleeding. The male has a dry crack in his beak and the vet had to scrape dried on poop off the inside top of his beak.

I DONT GET IT, I DONT understand how people can just be so horrible. I was supposed to be fostering these ducks just until they are healthy enough to be rehomed, but alas I am a foster failure and will be keeping them. They have had it bad enough I am not about to let them go to another bad situation. Besides, they follow me EVERYWHERE and our resident bunny has already made them her BFF's LOL
I have never understood how people can abuse animals. It makes me furious. It is great that you were able to take them in. I hope they get their health back and live a happy life.

smiley-angry021.gif
These kinds of stories just make me want to burst! What kind of mother encourages/enables/helps a child to play a prank that includes animal cruelty?!
smiley-angry021.gif

I know, right? Kinda makes you wonder about their parenting skills too.

smiley-angry021.gif
smiley-angry021.gif
LL
I have never understood how people can abuse animals. It makes me furious. It is great that you were able to take them in. I hope they get their health back and live a happy life. I know, right? Kinda makes you wonder about their parenting skills too.
I hope the child ends up okay :( probably won't turn out too well with **** parents like that... especially ones that encourage abuse and seem to lack empathy.. you have to wonder if the child has ever been taught empathy. If you can't even have empathy and compassion for a small, helpless, duckling, how can you have that for a human being? Either they are going to turn into an ******* or a ***** OR they are going to turn to hurting animals or people. Or to themselves or finding drugs. Sounds drastic but it's very likely with parents like that. I hope that does not happen and the child has other, much better, adult influences.... I would NEVER let my kids (when I have them.. could be a while) play a prank involving live animals. Or if I DID, I would be absolutely sure the animal would NOT be hurt or scared during it and then both before and after the prank we would take PROPER care of it and I would probably make them keep the animal and take care of it themselves rather than just disposing of it when done with it. Or if we had to get rid of it I'd find a proper home and not just dump it. Probably wouldn't let them do live animal pranks though. I probably wouldn't even let them do a prank without animals at least not without inspection. What I mean is harmless, fun pranks could be funny but if it was at all mean spirited, could hurt someone, could make them terrifed, etc. Then i probably wouldn't let them. I know that ruins half the fun but my main thing is something they'll laugh ahout later not have nightmares over or be injured for and not that bullies anyone or whatever People are ridiculous.

:mad: :he   

I've never been able to understand abuse. She bought them, they were her responsibility. That is so horrible. The saddest part is that it happens all the time.

Back
Top Bottom