The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I have 21 chicks waiting on number 22 to get busy, but hatch day is really tomorrow. I would love a perfect hatch.
fl.gif

Ok I've got 7 chicks out and they're jumping all over the other eggs constantly - I have several that are pipped still and 2 that are zipping...it's getting CROWDED and violent in there - when is the earliest and SAFEST the to start removing chicks to the brooder??!!

Last edited:
Got 8 more chicks from dry hatcher, theres 2 more in there, and 9 more pips. 2 chicks from bad bator and 3 pips.I want to sure temp stabilizes before getting some sleep. U
pdated chickie pic!

We set the eggs to hatch on Easter, because many families visit our Seniors on Easter and also get a chance to join our excitement in the new hatch.  So happy to see the effect of such a small gesture.  Best Wishes to all those hatching now.....Phil  AKA. The Cottages.

That is awesome. Good for you guys

Ok I've got 7 chicks out and they're jumping all over the other eggs of time - I have several that are pipped still and 2 that are zipping...it's getting CROWDED and violent in there - when is the earliest and SAFEST the to start removing chicks to the brooder??!!
I moved mine out when it was getting crowded, just get some hot water ready and put a little more in your water wells and quickly close it back up. That is how I do it, and it works for me. the thing is get in and out as fast as you can, pull the chicks, close it up then move babies to the brooder.

I moved mine out when it was getting crowded, just get some hot water ready and put a little more in your water wells and quickly close it back up.  That is how I do it, and it works for me. the thing is get in and out as fast as you can, pull the chicks, close it up then move babies to the brooder.
It wont hurt the externally pipped ones or anything? I'm paranoid of hurting them but these chickies are getting crazy in there!

Last edited:
It worthier the externally pipped ones or anything? I'm paranoid of hurting them but these chickies are getting crazy in there!
I guessing you are worried that it will hurt the externally pipped ones, no that is why I get the hot water, to quickly put the humidity and temp back up, get in and out, the chicks are tougher than we think.

wee.gif
I got chicks...they are under broody mommas and I was a bit late locking up tonight. I heard peeps and gently lifted wings to see if I could see anything. A pair of little legs under the pullet broody and a yellow chick under the hen was all I could see without upsetting the mommas. I don't know if there are more than that. I'll know more in the morning. Knowing that they each have at least one makes it a successful hatch for me!
wee.gif

wee.gif
I got chicks...they are under broody mommas and I was a bit late locking up tonight. I heard peeps and gently lifted wings to see if I could see anything. A pair of little legs under the pullet broody and a yellow chick under the hen was all I could see without upsetting the mommas. I don't know if there are more than that. I'll know more in the morning. Knowing that they each have at least one makes it a successful hatch for me!
wee.gif
Congrats
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom