The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Made it home after almost 12 hours worth of a field trip (
1f634.png
1f634.png
1f634.png
) and I have a total of 25 babies so far.
That's wonderful!
jumpy.gif

Wicked chicken6 i just cant help to say i love the varity of birds you have and i cant help but laugh at the two roosters fighting in the picture!
big_smile.png

Lol...thank you! That's not quite all of my roosters...but it's most of them. Looks like 9 are camera shy. It's a bit of overkill for sure.
gig.gif

I was trying to post the "other" better pic...but I keep posting that one. Lol!

The two having words are an Old English Game bantam (white & black) and the other rooster is half OEGB (mother) and the father is the white bantam rooster looking straight at us. (he was bred and raised by me) They are not related.

They're SO cute AND SO feisty. I pick them up and they just lay in my hand to be petted...lol.

The hot glued plastic fencing stands up to all of them.
yesss.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueg4332

no they are sweetgrass but mama is very minimum colored. Will color up more as they age. I wanted midgets white but when I'd go see parents were big. It said on a site I was on to watch out for large midgets so I didn't buy their eggs. Love the sweetgrass their colors are so pretty
HOW PRETTY!!!!!!!

ME TOOOOOOO that kind is pretty, what was the other color we discussed?
Narragansett? We went over the list available from Porter Turkeys at one time. I like Bourbon Reds too.bu
I think it was the red ones!!!

Quote: MIKE!!!!! we can make HarmonyAnn count them when they are done!!! bawahahhahahaaa

Quote: x2
fl.gif

Okay, new hatcher question:

I have two chicks out so far from my HAL eggs, nothing else even pipped (not due until tomorrow, so that's okay). But I'm worried about one of them - a Silkie.

They are still in the incubator, having just hatched a couple of hours ago. But she's acting really off... One leg maybe curled, as with my recent leg-brace girl. But also just limp and goofy -- even compared to the fact that all new-hatched chicks are limp and goofy. They don't usually lay on their sides or backs!

Is there anything I can/should do for her right away? Or let well enough alone and start Sav-a-Chick when I pull them out to the brooder?

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom