The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I wasn't sure if anyone saw my numbers because I wrote a pretty lengthy "article" on my hatch the other day...lol

BUT...I had 26 hatch out of 34 that were locked down! (& 2 that were DIS and tried to hatch plus one that was assisted and died later that day )

I had 5 hatch. Not what I expected, but they are so gorgeous.

Update on crashed incubator. Of the 21 eggs that we saved from the wreckage, we have 7 fluffy chicks that made it out of the incubator. 4 more hatched that didn't make it and a couple more that were peeping in the shell after the crash that didn't hatch. There is still one pipped egg in the incubator with a cheeping chick inside.

One of these little nuggets is a Langshan and two are English Orphingtons

Langshan

In case you forgot here is the original message: Chick hatching update. Day 22. Came home to the incubator crashed upside down on the living room floor. 14 chicks mostly still in the shells dead. Plus one undeveloped and 2 quitters that were grape sized. There are 21 eggs that we placed back into the incubator. Several are still peeping. We've got a rice bag inside the bator to help bring the temp back up. I will be surprised if any of these survive. Will keep you updated.

Update on crashed incubator. Of the 21 eggs that we saved from the wreckage, we have 7 fluffy chicks that made it out of the incubator. 4 more hatched that didn't make it and a couple more that were peeping in the shell after the crash that didn't hatch. There is still one pipped egg in the incubator with a cheeping chick inside.

Langshan

In case you forgot here is the original message: Chick hatching update. Day 22. Came home to the incubator crashed upside down on the living room floor. 14 chicks mostly still in the shells dead. Plus one undeveloped and 2 quitters that were grape sized. There are 21 eggs that we placed back into the incubator. Several are still peeping. We've got a rice bag inside the bator to help bring the temp back up. I will be surprised if any of these survive. Will keep you updated.
You did very well given the situation!

Finally..final numbers for me is 6 out of 14 ...I can,t believe it went so well with my learning curve. So many problems. Am looking forward to trying again soon. Last one out at 6:38 pm today......yes

@Cynthia12

Just letting you know:
This one was the only fertile egg out if 9. Didn't even turn out to be NN.

Well after drying out good, I don't know what color it's going to be. I've kept it for now to watch it grow. I'll probably sell it off before it reaches breeding age.

Here's a picture:

Just going to watch to see how and what color it's going to be.

I'm going to give up on this project though. It had been very disappointing to me. Things just aren't working out.

I'm going to switch directions and work on other things.

Any and all are welcome to use this thread if you are working on a project like this. I'll post a couple if updates with pictures as this baby continues to grow.

Copied from the Green Egger Naked Neck thread.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if anyone saw my numbers because I wrote a pretty lengthy "article" on my hatch the other day...lol

BUT...I had 26 hatch out of 34 that were locked down! (& 2 that were DIS and tried to hatch plus one that was assisted and died later that day )
Yes we got them, thank you for checking though!

I had 5 hatch. Not what I expected, but they are so gorgeous.
clap.gif

Langshan

I'm glad you got some hatches after the accident.

Finally..final numbers for me is 6 out of 14 ...I can,t believe it went so well with my learning curve. So many problems. Am looking forward to trying again soon. Last one out at 6:38 pm today......yes
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom