The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

56 hatched. Our house took a little over a foot of water . Now are are wading through the red tape and waiting to see if we are going to get to repair it . It's gonna be a long process . We have been out if the house since the 17th. We should be getting a more permeant place to stay tomorrow . We are moving our RV to
a location with full hookups for now. We wanted to hook up at the house but the city is making that rather difficult right now. I fell off our retaining wall when we were trying to get our things out of the house and can't use my arm now. And to add to the mess, they are announcing layoffs soon for my husbands job. I am exhausted and at a loss right now of even what to do.

Last edited:
56 hatched. Our house took a little over a foot of water . Now are are wading through the red tape and waiting to see if we are going to get to repair it . It's gonna be a long process . We have been out if the house since the 17th. We should be getting a more permeant place to stay tomorrow . We are moving our RV to
a location with full hookups for now. We wanted to hook up at the house but the city is making that rather difficult right now. I fell off our retaining wall when we were trying to get our things out of the house and can't use my arm now. And to add to the mess, they are announcing layoffs soon for my husbands job. I am exhausted and at a loss right now of even what to do.
so sorry! Hope your insurance will help with the repair cost and your family finds work soon

And if anyone is still interested, my silver quail are 5 weeks old, now. :) They're molting, so a little ragged, but some photos from today:

(including one non-silver from the batch that is getting this amazing deep red coloration around his head/neck)

So beautiful! My silvers are getting big too, it's amazing how fast they grow.

And if anyone is still interested, my silver quail are 5 weeks old, now. :) They're molting, so a little ragged, but some photos from today:

(including one non-silver from the batch that is getting this amazing deep red coloration around his head/neck)
They are adorable. They start laying in another week or so?

Oh my, I'm sorry you are going through all of this. Did a pipe break? I hope your husband is safe from layoffs. Take care of yourself!
hugs.gif

I bought some Queen Silvia's on the rare breed auction last night. Does anyone have experience with them? I already have 9- 3 week olds and they seem to come in both silver and gold? I thought GFF only brought over the silver though. Maybe they are auto sexing and that is the color difference? Even GFF does not seem clear about that. The Swedish heritage page is in Swedish. Go figure...

I do know I love the birds Martin Silverudd developed though.

I guess I will learn more with this newest bunch as they are straight from GFF.

So sorry to hear that. Praying for you and your family.

So sorry to hear that, trust in God, he will take care of you.

Back
Top Bottom