The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

So, as I have said (and will say again, I bet) I am a super newbie at hatching. This is my 2nd attempt and my first only yielded 1/3. I have a Brinsea Mini Advance. APPARENTLY I CAN'T READ and the cooling option is supposed to be turned on at Day 7. I'm on Day 6 and the cooling option has been on since Day 1. It was for the 1st hatch too. Is this likely a reason why I had an early quitter and fail to pip last time?
barnie.gif
What is the temp your running? and the humidity? I have the brinsea octgon 20 and get really great hatches with it.

So, as I have said (and will say again, I bet) I am a super newbie at hatching. This is my 2nd attempt and my first only yielded 1/3. I have a Brinsea Mini Advance. APPARENTLY I CAN'T READ and the cooling option is supposed to be turned on at Day 7. I'm on Day 6 and the cooling option has been on since Day 1. It was for the 1st hatch too. Is this likely a reason why I had an early quitter and fail to pip last time?
barnie.gif
https://www.brinsea.com/Manuals/MiniAdvancePlus-US.pdf

link to a PDF for your machine

I have tried so much trying to candle brown eggs when I candles the EE eggs I was suprised as to just how much difference there was in what you could see I saw veins forming first time and not just dark areas in the eggs I'm wondering how it is with a natural white egg now? I know the darker the worse it is I have one hen laying very dark brown eggs. I feel for the ones hatching the CMs that egg would be almost impossible to candle. I did look into an egg today while gathering them up I could see better using the sun to candle than a light

I set a polish egg last yr just so I had a white egg to candle. Is way easier to see.
J giant/ polish makes for one funky looking chick though Lol!
1f602.png

Last edited:
Major question. If an egg had a saddle shaped air cell can it still hatch okay I have multiple like that becase they were shipped and I cabdeled and they are looking really good. But will they be able to make it or need assistance to hatch they are cemani hate to lose any of them.

I had 7/10 saddle cells hatch by themselves, 3 didn't make external pip within 24 hours of being heard so they got help.

Eggs from one of my folks I ordered from. They are all doing great but three. They are clear..all of the others have little swimming eyeballs. :)

Most look like this...

Three look like this.

Not bad at all. :)

Back
Top Bottom