The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Good news, my thermometer is spot on at 1 degree. I don't know about .1 degree, but at least it's close to perfect. I finally found that darn meat thermometer to compare it to. Either my brother will be bringing me the battery for my probe thermo tomorrow or I'll just go buy one. At least I'll have all of this stuff out of the way for the hatch and I'll be able to set my test hatch by Saturday if I'm lucky.

I refuse to wing it this year.

I just realized that easter weekend is probably not a very good time for me to be hatching eggs....

My mom brought bad spirits to our family. When she was a little girl she lost two dogs on easter Sunday each a different year, she almost died on easter Sunday 10 years ago during a horrible miscarriage, my dads dog from his bachelor years had a stroke and died on easter Sunday, and last year we were visiting friends easter weekend and a car crashed in their driveway while we were there, killing a 17 and 21 year old. Let's hope I do not have any problems. I'm not too superstitious, but then again......this seems to be a trend.

Hi. I would love to participate in the Easter Hatch-a-long!
wee.gif
Just tell me what to do next
thumbsup.gif

I just realized that easter weekend is probably not a very good time for me to be hatching eggs....

My mom brought bad spirits to our family. When she was a little girl she lost two dogs on easter Sunday each a different year, she almost died on easter Sunday 10 years ago during a horrible miscarriage, my dads dog from his bachelor years had a stroke and died on easter Sunday, and last year we were visiting friends easter weekend and a car crashed in their driveway while we were there, killing a 17 and 21 year old. Let's hope I do not have any problems. I'm not too superstitious, but then again......this seems to be a trend.

Good Grief. Hope you break the cycle here. Have a great hatch, no deaths in chicks! Ya hear??

I have been. He loves about 45 mins away, so he doesn't stop by often. I managed to forget about while I was there on Sunday.
That's why I love lists!
Baby Emu's are so cute!
What a bird! :p
Good news, my thermometer is spot on at 1 degree. I don't know about .1 degree, but at least it's close to perfect. I finally found that darn meat thermometer to compare it to. Either my brother will be bringing me the battery for my probe thermo tomorrow or I'll just go buy one. At least I'll have all of this stuff out of the way for the hatch and I'll be able to set my test hatch by Saturday if I'm lucky. I refuse to wing it this year.
:woot Good luck on the test hatch.
I just realized that easter weekend is probably not a very good time for me to be hatching eggs.... My mom brought bad spirits to our family. When she was a little girl she lost two dogs on easter Sunday each a different year, she almost died on easter Sunday 10 years ago during a horrible miscarriage, my dads dog from his bachelor years had a stroke and died on easter Sunday, and last year we were visiting friends easter weekend and a car crashed in their driveway while we were there, killing a 17 and 21 year old. Let's hope I do not have any problems. I'm not too superstitious, but then again......this seems to be a trend.
I'm sure you will be fine. These things are in the past and I always look at things like "You can't move forward whilst looking back" All very sad what has happened but it is the past, look to the future and be positive.

I'm joining in! I'm doing a trial run with my incubator right now with my own barnyard mix eggs before I use purchased eggs. Hopefully all goes well and I'll be ready for the hatch-a-long!

Back
Top Bottom