The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I'm looking into incubators and am wondering which one to buy!
1f425.png
I would like a no fuss no muss no coconuts, plug in and play, auto turning one that can handle any egg
1f95a.png
(mainly duck and quail), and has a good hatch rate. Any suggestions? Also what has been your experience with said model, pros and cons of it and the hatch rate you've had when that model was in use.
1f423.png

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Homesteader,
Glaseria
1f495.png
1f43e.png

1f54a.png

Hi there! :frow
So I am a newbie hatcher and I started with a IncuView. My first hatch, and I got 92% hatch rate. ,my only complaint is that it does not have a specific humidity readout, telling me the humidity percentage, it simply says ''add water'' ',just right'' and ''too high''. Somebody told me that sue no ght a Velcro hygrometer at a pet store though, so I think it is a easy fix. I LOVE my incubator.

:oops: and yes, I know you're not supposed to take them out until they're dry, but it's hard not to with that amount of cuteness :love One other chocolate bantam is pipping, the others are being lazy.

I have that problem. I always take them out when they are still wet....:oops:

Congrats on the new chicks  :jumpy  and thanks for posting pictures!

Well 2 out of 9 have hatched but i think the chicks moved some eggs and now the otheres cant get out. So when I get mone today I will look I know they take 1- 2 days to hatch so we will see I hope the silkies and polish do but if not that's okay because this is my first ever hatch and I can learn from it

6 are out, 2 are black (males) 4 are unknown gender. One of the 4 chocolates is very rusty colored, there were both silvers and golds in their parents pen, would silver make a chick lighter?

6 eggs in storage! 5 more days till incubation! 3 Ancona, and 3 Magpie. The Campbells are not laying yet so I guess I won't have any Camponas (CampbellxAncona) This time around. Rats. Come on Campbells Just a few eggs!

I candled my eggs last night it was a success !!!! black tailed white japs, ginger reds OEGB, ad partridge rock/ black tailed white jap. cant wait till the 24th

Embryos!
clap.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickens4lifee

Cutie chick!
love.gif
celebrate.gif

6 are out, 2 are black (males) 4 are unknown gender. One of the 4 chocolates is very rusty colored, there were both silvers and golds in their parents pen, would silver make a chick lighter?

More cutie chicks!
love.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom