The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I will be joining this year. Two years ago I found out I was pregnant during the Easter Hatch A Long and you were all the firsts too know. A few months later my daughter was stillborn at 21 weeks...
Last year I planned to join but then when I started reading everyone's posts I just couldn't handle all the reminders. This year I am far enough a long in my grieving that I can handle it.....

I will be setting eggs...as soon as the eggs hatching in my incubator finisb and I set more eggs and they finish...and it is then finally time to set eggs for the hatch a long

So exciting!!! I can't wait til my wheaten girl starts laying! I hope she starts in time for the hatchalong... ETA: By the way, the Easter hatchalong set date isn't until [COLOR=FF0000]MARCH[/COLOR] 25th. So you could certainly still participate ;) @chickendreams24 I think I have a few pics on my computer....and by a few, I mean tons, lol. I LOVE my blue eggs!!! This is the first blue egg I got! Great color. I cried when I found it...:oops: Also, a little update...I have 28 eggs in the bator ATM. 6 are due in a week and will be EEs, from my wheaten Am cock over my SLW hens. The other 22 are due 3/11 and they're the same EEs and maybe a few true Ams from my blues, since all these eggs were collected after I set up my breeding pens. :fl that I actually get some BBS babies!!! Gonna candle the 6 tonight and make sure everyone's doing ok.
Omg I love love love them!!! What color layed those super blue ones? Lol okay it's final I have to get some Ameraucanas preferably BBS BC if I get them I can use them for our project breed. Pming you.
My hubby got me this incubator for Christmas. Anyone have any experience with it? I just plugged it in this morning, I will check it when I go home for lunch to see how the temp is. I didn't put any water in it yet. I have been debating about returning it and getting the hova-bator 1588. Thoughts???? First timer here. Thanks!!
I would have to see the whole thing it looks like my styrobator but I think mine is a 4250 but I could be wrong. We've had some great hatches in our farm innovators and I love it. Our fan did slow and idk why but DH2B rigged up abother fan so there's a spare computer fan running in it now as well. I am very careful during hatch however because I do worry about the extra fan with the chicks so I usually cover or pull it. Get the other incubator too and use one as a hatcher! lol

I would have to see the whole thing it looks like my styrobator but I think mine is a 4250 but I could be wrong.

We've had some great hatches in our farm innovators and I love it. Our fan did slow and idk why but DH2B rigged up abother fan so there's a spare computer fan running in it now as well.

I am very careful during hatch however because I do worry about the extra fan with the chicks so I usually cover or pull it.

Get the other incubator too and use one as a hatcher! lol
It is Styrofoam, I think the next one up is the 4250. I am very tempted to get the other one as well. LOL

Of course! One of my past broody moms. :)
OK, thanks. I love them broodies. I just had my broody silkie hatch a clutch of 4 babies. I guess I'm going to be doing it again lol. Is that a little Light Brahma? I've got one, and was wondering if she might go broody? Thanks again

I thought that I would try a trial run with my first batch of eggs in my brand new incubator that arrived last Friday. I put some chicken and duck eggs to start on Saturday. I'm nervous that I don't have a candler to check to see their development. But I have one on order that should arrive sometime tomorrow. I hope that it is a successful hatch.
1f91e.png

OK, thanks. I love them broodies. I just had my broody silkie hatch a clutch of 4 babies. I guess I'm going to be doing it again lol. Is that a little Light Brahma? I've got one, and was wondering if she might go broody? Thanks again

She is a bantam Favorelle! She's puffed up a bit, but a cute little bantam. Good mom. :)

And, I do know that Brahmams go broody. Have a friend that had one..was a good mom too.

Day 5 on my duck eggs, 2 more days till candling, 23 more days till they hatch. Tick.tock.tick.tock.
clock.jpg

Note, no numbers on the clock..don't worry, time goes by pretty fast, will be here before you know it..at least it does for me..the older I get. Yep. :D

I will be joining this year. Two years ago I found out I was pregnant during the Easter Hatch A Long and you were all the firsts too know. A few months later my daughter was stillborn at 21 weeks...
Last year I planned to join but then when I started reading everyone's posts I just couldn't handle all the reminders. This year I am far enough a long in my grieving that I can handle it.....

I will be setting eggs...as soon as the eggs hatching in my incubator finisb and I set more eggs and they finish...and it is then finally time to set eggs for the hatch a long

Oh my goodness! I remember you. I am sorry for your loss! That's pretty far along to lose one. I've lost two, sooner though..still, very very hard, can't imagine any later.
hugs.gif

I so hope you enjoy this hatch a long! It's still early, so lots of time to finish up those hatches. In the meantime, share photos..like I just did with a hatch I had a few days ago. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom