The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I've discovered something awful today. I finally brought my bators in to clean and I noticed that the water tray on the one I got last year is cracked! :barnie I left it outside after last year's hatch like I've done with the old one. I guess GQF made it thinner or used a cheaper plastic. I'm still going to use it, but I won't be filling it with water. I'll just have to use containers this time. :idunno

New trays are not too expensive. Get them from either GQf or incubator warehouse.

Thanks for reminding me about that. I completely forgot they sell the separately.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My house is finally closing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (gotta love the federal government...getting an FHA loan and it took them 3 months to approve the durn loan...)

Chicken paradise, here I come!  

Congratulations!!!!

That's a good idea. Are they commonly terrible?

I have a farm innovators 4250(if I remember correctly) and my thermometer was bad but the hygrometer was awful. Better to be safe than sorry because it can be life or death for the chickies. Many of us run three thermometer/hygrometers for being extra sure. You can get by with just two but the more the better and don't forget to calibrate them.

Also yes absolutely swap egg places around during incubation but be careful not to drop them. We've just about all done it but it sure does make you feel rotten. I change my egg's places around every few days during incubation. I also move my spare thermometer/hygrometers around to check readings all over the place.

I am going to join. We are on day 21 of our first ever hatch! Out of 24 eggs we've got 3 chicks. Around 6 were not fertilized. We are going to set our second round on Friday and change how we do some things. Then our 3rd round will be the Easter hatch.
1f60a.png

Good luck with your babes!

Hello again Set my eggs on the 20th so I'll be to early to join the hatch along.... I'll just follow along reading posts and enjoy all of your hatches.
I set 24 wheaten amerucana eggs. But they will or wont hatch to soon. Their not the most fertile birds this time of year.
Using my brinsea incubator only holds 24 so I don't get to many......
Happy Hatching everyone""""

Hello again Set my eggs on the 20th so I'll be to early to join the hatch along.... I'll just follow along reading posts and enjoy all of your hatches.
I set 24 wheaten amerucana eggs. But they will or wont hatch to soon. Their not the most fertile birds this time of year.
Using my brinsea incubator only holds 24 so I don't get to many......
Happy Hatching everyone""""

So exciting!!! I can't wait til my wheaten girl starts laying! I hope she starts in time for the hatchalong...
ETA: By the way, the Easter hatchalong set date isn't until MARCH 25th. So you could certainly still participate
wink.png

@chickendreams24 I think I have a few pics on my computer....and by a few, I mean tons, lol. I LOVE my blue eggs!!!

This is the first blue egg I got! Great color. I cried when I found it...
hide.gif

Also, a little update...I have 28 eggs in the bator ATM. 6 are due in a week and will be EEs, from my wheaten Am cock over my SLW hens. The other 22 are due 3/11 and they're the same EEs and maybe a few true Ams from my blues, since all these eggs were collected after I set up my breeding pens.
fl.gif
that I actually get some BBS babies!!! Gonna candle the 6 tonight and make sure everyone's doing ok.

Last edited:
@Cynthia12, those chicks are just too cute! I've got six days left on mine. *sigh. And then I have to wait alllllll the way till the 25th to set more...

Back
Top Bottom