The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

It's a manual turning incubator, and the eggs touch the plastic sides of the lid... perhaps I should try smaller hen eggs
1f615.png

Ooo, large hen eggs..nice!

Yorkshire pointed out a good thing..I also will change the eggs around once in a while in a turner. .... and, you probably already know this part..take them out of the turner when in lock down.

Do you mean during incubation or at lockdown (day 18)? If during incubation I find moving them to different spots in the incubator really helps just incase you have any hot or cooler spots in there.
I really cram them in when I'm doing a bigger hatch so they ceratainly touch the sides.
Very nice :clap

I'm thinking during incubation.
Sounds like as long as I move them round they'll be ok.
There won't be any more room during lockdown though !!

Wait, you said manual turner. I haven't used one of those, but yeah, you should be good as long as you change them around during incubation..then, lockdown, they will just be peeping back and forth chatting up a storm about how to get out of there!
big_smile.png

I've discovered something awful today. I finally brought my bators in to clean and I noticed that the water tray on the one I got last year is cracked!
barnie.gif
I left it outside after last year's hatch like I've done with the old one. I guess GQF made it thinner or used a cheaper plastic. I'm still going to use it, but I won't be filling it with water. I'll just have to use containers this time.
idunno.gif
New trays are not too expensive. Get them from either GQf or incubator warehouse.

They will be fine at lockdown even if there is no more room. What incubator did you go with?

Wait, you said manual turner.   I haven't used one of those, but yeah, you should be good as long as you change them around during incubation..then, lockdown, they will just be peeping back and forth chatting up a storm about how to get out of there!  :D

:yuckyuck "How do I get outa here!"

For fun, here are the 4 cochin babies that I just hatched. Crazy, took forever for those eggs to get here, but they were fertile, but the air sacs were messed up pretty good. Glad I got these!

I swear that one looks like a splash or mottle. Hmm..up front.

It was so cute, they always wanted to run to me! Other chicks
that I take photos of run to the corners and turn their heads away
from me. I keep having to place them face first. These cuties
kept coming at me! So I had to keep placing them back.

They wanted to eat my fingers.

My 2 favorite bantams...silkies and cochins! Have to say though, had a bantam barred rock last year for a while. What a sweetheart! And so cute.

Back
Top Bottom