The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I am going to join. We are on day 21 of our first ever hatch! Out of 24 eggs we've got 3 chicks. Around 6 were not fertilized. We are going to set our second round on Friday and change how we do some things. Then our 3rd round will be the Easter hatch.
1f60a.png

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My house is finally closing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (gotta love the federal government...getting an FHA loan and it took them 3 months to approve the durn loan...)

Chicken paradise, here I come!

woot.gif
wee.gif

I know what it's like waiting..but for that long!!

I've discovered something awful today. I finally brought my bators in to clean and I noticed that the water tray on the one I got last year is cracked! :barnie I left it outside after last year's hatch like I've done with the old one. I guess GQF made it thinner or used a cheaper plastic. I'm still going to use it, but I won't be filling it with water. I'll just have to use containers this time. :idunno

A sponge!   That's what I use.  I only use the small wells, and then use one sponge.  :)

Yep. That'll be it.

Quick question:
Does it matter if the eggs touch the sides of the incubator?

Do you mean during incubation or at lockdown (day 18)? If during incubation I find moving them to different spots in the incubator really helps just incase you have any hot or cooler spots in there.
I really cram them in when I'm doing a bigger hatch so they ceratainly touch the sides.

I'm hoping to set some Turkens and FBCMs!

Very nice :clap

Back
Top Bottom