The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

It was a very tough decision for the judges! So much creativity! Thank you everyone that entered!​
The winners of the Edible Easter Contest are.........​
1st Place:
[COLOR=FF0000]yellowherb[/COLOR]​
900x900px-LL-1ebcee98_sultancake2.jpeg
2nd Place:
[COLOR=FF0000]deserteggs22[/COLOR]​
e8239e10_IMG_3951.jpeg
And tied for 3rd is:
[COLOR=FF0000]eggbert420 missprissychick [/COLOR]​
LL
and
8462dff9_20170408_212247.jpeg
Congratulations!​
Congratulations!! But in all honesty we all have won a prize!! We have met new friends shared new experiences and enjoyed so many new faces to this world! That in itself is a major prize!

Congrats to all the winners, and all who's babies have already hatched, and good luck to those still waiting!! I locked mine down last night. They're not due to hatch til Sunday but mine almost always come a day early. Aside from 1 late CCL quitter, all else looked good!

When your hatch is over, please post in this thread how many total chicks you hatched. We need to get totals from everyone for the last contest.

They count if they exited the shell, even if they didn't make it afterwards.

Thank you!

My classroom hatch yielded 11 babies, yay! The kids had a really great time. Great! The science teacher on my team hatched out 6 of the 12 she set. I eggtopsied the remaining 6. 4 were clear, so I think her results weren't too shabby. Plus, I always get to take the chicks home (Cornish cross chicks).
Edited to add: these were not part of the Easter hatch along, so don't count them.

Last edited:
No, either until the chicks are dry and fluffed up and all of them are hatched, or until you think all of them have hatched. I have 3 in there right now and I'm going to take them out when the most recent to hatch is fluffed. I don't think the other two eggs are going to hatch, but even if they are they haven't pipped yet so the temporary drop in humidity shouldn't harm them. I would NOT open the bator to take these ones out if I saw any pips as that could cause the hatch in progress to shrink wrap.

Thank you!!! :thumbsup

My one and only duckling for the EHAL hatched this morning.

The little stinker was in the incubator all day with the chicken eggs that are set to hatch on Easter. When I took it out and put it in the brooder I noticed that there is a pip in one of the eggs and a lot of chirping. Ugh, my duckling was influencing them to hatch early. lol I imagine that I will have a new chick in the morning.

So tired from cheerleading and taking a snooze while I work on some homework. So cute and fuzzy. My heart just melted again.

It's so cute I could just die!!! :love

UPDATE: No quail yet and they were set to hatch on Wednesday! Getting kind of concerned about them. We do have one confirmed pip on our ducklings eggs though!!! Come On Little One!!! :jumpy

Question:How long does it usually take for duckling to go from pip to zip and then hatched? I've heard it can take a long time.
1f914.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom