The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

BYC was down for me too!  Love your Video.  I have 2 of the 1588's with eggs in them so I use my old incubator to hatch in some times and once in a while I will use a broody.

It was down for me too. First we had a power outage for an hour or so, then BYC was down.

I'm using the hatchabatch app, I have no pips on the two that made it to lock down. I set them at 9pm on Sat March 25th. Should my babies be out by now? I'm really starting to worry. Being so impatient I went to the feed store, and bought six blue silkie chicks that were born on Wednesday, which coincidentally was my birthday. My chicks have the same bday as me. :) !

Happy Birthday! I also use the hatch a batch app. Otherwise, is never be able to keep up with an my staggered hatches lol

Last edited:
Hmm... we have and issue. Our first egg pipped on day 20, yesterday morning. It is now the afternoon of day 21 and the pip is at the wrong end. The chick is making a lot of noise and slowly starting to zip its way around. I don't know what to do. We have 5 other eggs that have pipped, none of them have started to zip. Should we help the backwards one? I can see its beak through the zipped spots.

I had that problem with the first little green one to pip. (4-14) It was a small egg but from a standard chicken (probably a pullet egg.) I kept thinking I should help but would I put the other eggs in jeopardy. The membrane looked white but a little dry . Still I have over 100 eggs in there so I choose to wait. It did hatch yesterday afternoon to my amazement... It should be a legbar /cuckoo marans crossed back to legbar roo as it was a little green egg. I'll never know which chick it was amongiest the crowd. I think this hatch was my most successful.
Choosing to wait is so hard.
Anyway I still have eggs pipping so count will come later.
The broody mama quit her nest I found 3 chicks in the nest peeping their heads off one dead. Bought them in the house to warm up. 3 naked necks. So far they are fine.
Update later have get a big brooder together/ ADDICTION BACK already have more eggs waiting to be hatched. PS it is all my daughters fault . Yes it is...LOL
As Ron would say "Set all the eggs"

Back
Top Bottom