The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

I'm guessing that I ran cool this time. I had done some matinence on the incubator and it must've run one degree cooler than it should, so I've got two turkey pips and the one cream legbar has pipped, but no zipping or hatching yet! Grrrrr!
1f62b.png

My hatch is progressing. The Calls are proving as difficult as their reputation says they are. Still, I have 13 out so far.

And my goose egg has an internal pip! So the gosling will hopefully make an appearance tomorrow.

My lil chickadee's started popping out last night! It's pretty full in there, I'm about to start pulling the dry ones out.

I pulled the dry ones too when it looked full :D
I was trying to count yesterday morning how many had hatched but as fast as I was counting they were moving around confusing things :lol:

We had 6 successfully hatch. Went from 18 to 13 to the final 6. The remainders that were unhatched came from my friends flock. Not sure why those ones quit. Happy to have 6 perfect new babies.

Congrats on your 6 new babies :clap
So many reasons why they may not have hatched, breeder flock age, health and nutrition. Egg quality and storage of eggs prior to incubation just to name a few.

I'm guessing that I ran cool this time. I had done some matinence on the incubator and it must've run one degree cooler than it should, so I've got two turkey pips and the one cream legbar has pipped, but no zipping or hatching yet! Grrrrr!
1f62b.png

:barnie Hope you get something soon :fl

My hatch is progressing. The Calls are proving as difficult as their reputation says they are. Still, I have 13 out so far.

And my goose egg has an internal pip! So the gosling will hopefully make an appearance tomorrow.

Congrats on the 13 :woot

I'm looking forward to seeing your gosling and to see how it hatched. I'm going to need all the help I can get with my goose eggs!

Eeekkk, I forgot to post how many eggs I set on here………………..apologizes.

I ended up setting 10 chicken eggs a tad late, but they are due to hatch today (16th) in fact, one has already externally pipped! I also have 14 other eggs in the incubator and 30 other eggs waiting to be set.....................

The majority of the chicken breeds i set are frizzles and silkies, but I also have a lot of mix breeds set. This could be dangerous, i have just moved 11 chicks outside and the duck is getting ready to sit on her 20 eggs..............

I love all these chickie pics everyone!! Happy Easter Sunday!!!
woot.gif

Last edited:
Well I have 21 of 33 that went to lockdown just candles the rest I hav only one internal pip and a couple that I'm not sure if they are gon or not. I can guess I still have at most 4 more to go. But not bad at all 21 chicks from 33 not a bad hatch!!! Better than my first two for sure and they say you have a worse hatch with shipped eggs?? Most that hatched were shipped eggs!! only 3 assisted total all seem in good shape no splay legs, nor any deformities seen so I can say that it was a great hatch!! Thanks guys for all your help and may I say HAPPY EASTER!!!!

Back
Top Bottom