The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

@KDOGG331

This is a bit scholarly but might help:

Quote:
Abstract

Helicobacter pylori infection is the most common cause of duodenal ulcer disease, yet duodenal ulcer is an uncommon outcome of H. pylori infection. We reviewed the possible explanations such as differences in the host or in the strain of H. pylori. Host factors reviewed included genetic susceptibility to H. pylori infection and excess gastric acid secretion. The role of potential H. pylori virulence factors not present in all strains such as the cagA gene and the results of other molecular methods to identify disease-specific differences among isolates was also reviewed. Although cure of H. pylori infection resolves gastrin releasing peptide stimulated acid secretion there was no change in parietal cell mass. Twin studies have shown genetic differences in H. pylori susceptibility. There was no difference in the prevalence of the cagA gene between H. pylori infected asymptomatic volunteers and duodenal ulcer patients (P = 1.0). DNA-DNA hybridization of whole genomic DNA in solution and cluster analysis of rep-PCR genomic DNA fingerprints suggest that isolates from patients with duodenal ulcer disease are different from those obtained from individuals with asymptomatic gastritis. Cluster analysis of the rep-PCR DNA fingerprints revealed two major groups of the strains; one set consisted of strains from patients with duodenal ulcer disease and the second cluster consisted largely of strains from individuals with asymptomatic gastritis. Recent molecular studies suggest that disease-specific cell lineages or strains may exist among H. pylori isolates leading to the various outcomes observed in patients with H. pylori infection.
PMID:

[Indexed for MEDLINE]

He should get a second opinion

Acid reducers can make the problem worse actually. Before a person is put on acid reducers, the strength of the stomach acid should be checked. The older we get, the less acidic our stomach juices are. Often the answer is to increase stomach acid and make sure there is not an overgrowth of h- pylori.

There is a test for that too.

Look for a younger doctor that has been to medial school in the last 10 years. Unfortunately most Doctors do not continue learning after they are trained

@KDOGG331

This is a bit scholarly but might help:

Thanks a lot! I'll tell him to get a second opinion. His doctor is really old I think hah

Update: The EHAL quail are doing nicely and are almost ready to go outside! :jumpy
The Duckling that we assisted who my hubby named Short Round died a week or so after hatch and so we are down to the 7 that hatched out on there own. As far as a rule of thumb now we're with those of you who have decided not to assist not matter how it pulls on the heart strings. In the end it's best for them to be super healthy anyway.
2764.png

Here's the latest photo of the WH darlings!

My Service Dog Bella has taken it upon herself to be their Guardian until they are grow. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom