The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Totally agree! I am still getting scovy eggs too, thats way late in the season. It was much later this spring when they started to lay too after I looked it up.
All mine started late this year February really threw them off kilter. Out of my 7 Scovy girls I usually get 1-2 eggs a day none from my geese since May.

Last edited:

Thats it! Love it so much, my scovys do it too. I have a large wading pool in the goose pen, every time I clean it even my oldest birds act like goslings
love.gif
I think they enjoy the cold water, especially in the summer.
It's also hilarious when they do summer salts in the water mine can do 4 geese at a time summer salts then one will start swimming under water and the other 3 will jump out and do this open wing thing then jump back in. They make me laugh all the time with their antics. The other day i was sitting out in the driveway with them and they wandered down it but something spooked them and here they come running and flying about half foot off the ground to land right in front of me. First time for that. I thought they were going to land in my lap.

Well, my little goslings are certainly growing! The fuzzy stage is mostly a thing of the past. They are feathering out into lovely little geese... even their little wings are looking less stubby when they do the happy flap and run dance.
love.gif

My oldest one, a week or two older than the others, is even starting to make little half 'honk' noises on occasion. It's adorable and sounds as if it has teenage voice breaking issues. It is also still the friendliest of the group and still quite likes to be held and talked too. Though they all seem to come eagerly when called and love treat time when I hand feed them. Green peas remain their gold standard of treats.

The larger of the two younger ones is getting larger, and has at least caught up with the oldest one, possibly just a bit taller/bigger. This is also the one with no white at all on it across the chest area. Makes me wonder if it's the gander in the group.
The other of the two younger ones still remains a bit smaller.

I think it will be picture time again tomorrow.

Well, my little goslings are certainly growing! The fuzzy stage is mostly a thing of the past. They are feathering out into lovely little geese... even their little wings are looking less stubby when they do the happy flap and run dance.
love.gif

My oldest one, a week or two older than the others, is even starting to make little half 'honk' noises on occasion. It's adorable and sounds as if it has teenage voice breaking issues. It is also still the friendliest of the group and still quite likes to be held and talked too. Though they all seem to come eagerly when called and love treat time when I hand feed them. Green peas remain their gold standard of treats.

The larger of the two younger ones is getting larger, and has at least caught up with the oldest one, possibly just a bit taller/bigger. This is also the one with no white at all on it across the chest area. Makes me wonder if it's the gander in the group.
The other of the two younger ones still remains a bit smaller.

I think it will be picture time again tomorrow.
Pics are a must..
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom