The African and Chinese goose thread!!

IMG_20201205_121140.jpg
I think this is a flattering view of her.

will start with my two favorites.. I know, I know (Angel wing is his actual name and I have tried everything to correct it over the last 17 years for him) My original Africans I love him for still being with us today.

Second favorite there was a huge clutch of eggs I mean huge... The matriarch goose that had been on them from the start gave up and left them and I was deciding to get the eggs cleared out. A low level goose ( that would never be allowed to sit on fertile eggs) decided to take over the nest and even though I felt the nest was not good and not going to hatch. I didn't want to take her moment away from her and let her stay.. This is what happen and she was so proud for her moment.. My heat just busted for her ...

then just random pictures over the years of enjoying them being with us..
I know this is an old post but is that a Savannah cat in the last pic or a Bengal? I can't tell from the back!

Is that a tuft?
Yes! That's what surprised me of this goosey
You can even see the shadow it casts on the ground.

It's more of the solid kind of "tuft" much like it's seen in the Catalan Empordanesa breed of goose.

I found it in an equestrian facility/farm in Catalonia.
So it could well be a first cross female between a Chinese/African gander and female Empordanesa. (Since she is non-diluted).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom