The African and Chinese goose thread!!

from today.. The geese became public enemy #1 with my one LGD when I walked passed a nest that I didn't know was there and the Toulouse flew off the nest out from inside a covered pump house, and attacked me in the chest. In a split second my LGD girl that had been sleeping in the barn flew into action and grabbed the goose off me and in that contact crushed the goose instantly. Sad situation all around, I sat quietly holding the mamma goose as she passed and my LGD laid silently next to me. Mistakes can be made with out any malice intent and this was such an unfortunate event for everyone. With time and healing we made it through the younger years for the best in everyone..

Attachments

• 97994592_912982519175311_7728840588849577984_n.jpg
    97994592_912982519175311_7728840588849577984_n.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 21
I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs
thank you, my LGD gal was barely 2 years old then.. she is going on 7 now wouldn't trade her for the world . The picture I posted is her now ...

this video is Abhik the same LGD, girl a bit older from killing the goose to protect me . alerting me, that a baby gosling has gotten out of the chain link area and needs help. I didn't know what my dogs were doing until I got closer to see and hear the baby yelling for help. Making a mistake doesn't mean anything for the future for the dogs they can turn out just fine. <3

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fmvMQHHwC8jwUZ8U8

Last edited:
Come check out the ten contests! Five winners in each contest. Each winner will receive a BYC 2021 Calendar!

You geese people need to enter! The contests are open to all types of fowl!

Winners are chosen by a random number generator.

Guessing contests.

Photo contests

2021-calendar-draft-02 (1)_Page_01.jpg2021-calendar-draft-02 (1)_Page_28.jpg

Quote:

I have only had geese for close to a week. So far they have been a big enjoyment to me. From the research that I have done by eight weeks of age you should be able to tell their sex by their nobs. I think the male will have a larger on than the female not entirely sure
hide.gif
( have to make assumptions all info on sexing them just says by the size of their nobs ) Here is on of the links that helped me gather my info: http://www.avianweb.com/chinesegeese.html
It takes a little bit for them to fully mature. I have no idea what the sex of mine is. I've heard both opinions. You can get a DNA test done to sex your bird. I want to do Gradys (8m).
20201203_151201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom