The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Hi everyone! I was told that our little goslings are an African Grey and a Chinese. Hoping you all out there can confirm or deny this for me. Either way we love them! They are so adorable and so fun. Interesting to watch their soft little baby fluff turn into feathers.

Last edited:
Congrats! They are adorable. The dark one is a brown African. The white one is not Chinese. It looks like it has a little tuft, so I'd guess Roman tufted.

Starfire 669
What an awesome hubby! Your Belgian mix is BEAUTIFUL! or I guess I should say HANDSOME! Your big babies are darling! Oh how I LOVE my geese!
I have Hansel my year old African gander, two female saddle back pom's, a 5 day old gosling & a 1 day old gosling. The 2 babies are from Hansel & one of my saddle backs. I cannot imagine what they're going to look like! I'm just SO SO SO over the moon to have Hansel babies! He & I have a very special bond....I told my hubby that he's lucky hansel is a goose! & like I said b4 Hansel is waiting for my feathers to come in!
My momma goose is still sitting on two eggs....I think there dud's.....I can't hear a thing when I listen. ...BUT the two surviving goslings were born 4 days apart so who knows? I'm REALLY hopingthey hatch so she & hansel can be proud parents! I'm not sure I can let these two babies go back outside....way too many bad things can happen out there....
where do you live starfire?

I live in Texas. And thanks, I think Rascal is handsome too. Next year I hope to be having my first hatch, I will most likely be a nervous wreck too lol. We are also going to breed a litter of Siberian Huskies. We have a pair that are AKC registered, but our male is 6 months and we are waiting till he is 2 so I got time before I lose my mind! Lol.

Since my hubby just bought 2 African females for me I wonder what the babies will look like? A white Chinese daddy and a brown African mommy? Should be interesting. Oh I can't wait to see them grow!

I cannot tell the difference between most African and Chinese goslings. Serv's right. It could be either one. I too, was thinking that the brown one was a boy.

I have been trying to treat a gosling with angel wing using sports tape, the stuff hospitals use after they draw your blood. The gosling keeps pulling it off. How am I supposed to wrap the wing? I don't want to use tape as his feathers are just coming in and I don't want the tape to stick to them.

Sport tape is the same thing as vet wrap, just bought for humans instead of at a pet store. Lol my kids always get interesting injuries so I keep it stocked in my first aid kit.

Will taping his wing tightly cut off circulation in his wing?

Back
Top Bottom