The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Thats Awesome, but I was more meaning deformities, health problems, and problems. What are signs you look for when you pick them up from the hatchery?

Check their bills, feet, eyes, and wings. They'll be a bit wobbly at first but you'll be able to tell if they have real problems pretty quickly. Don't keep them on slippery surfaces so their legs don't splay out. Make sure they're drinking, all of my goslings drank water as soon as I showed them where it was. Check for head wobbling, after a day or so if you notice they aren't holding their heads up well you may have a problem.

Add niacin to their food or water, you can chick electrolytes at TSC in little blue packs, they have niacin. Or you can buy Brewers yeast and add it to their food.

New to the site and forum. Having some issues with a goose but having problems posting. Frida is approximately 5 years but was attacked by a coyote before we got her. The problem is her injuries are possibly masking other problems. Today she seems to want to follow the others but the sits to eat and drink. Trying to figure out if this is normal for her.

Is it possible for ducklings to pull out fluff on goslings both my goslings are missing fluff under there necks...one worse then the other.

Yes it's common.
My goslings do it to eachother each year but not under the neck?
Usually they bite off the fluff on the back of the goslings between the tail and the little wings.
Too much water and dirt causes them to do this if they don't dry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom