The African and Chinese goose thread!!

hey guys can you please tell me if this is a gander or goose also I was told it was an African it is a lot smaller then my American's here is a pic. of it.

Quote: This is a "hatchery African" Aka Brown Chinese X African cross. Great geese, you won't be disappointed! Meant to add thats a pretty long neck, first guess is gander but thats a small frame for a gander... how old is the goose?
I love my big guy, he is 3 years old and super gentle.
love.gif

Last edited:
hi jchny2000 this was my neighbors goose that thinks it is a duck I say it is about 2or3 years old. yours looks a lot stockier then mine. the knob is black and orange also. as far as its voice goes I have nothing to compare with. He/she tries to protect his buddy duck but he/she is no match with the Americans. the buddy duck is a cripple pekin drake.

hi jchny2000 this was my neighbors goose that thinks it is a duck I say it is about 2or3 years old. yours looks a lot stockier then mine. the knob is black and orange also. as far as its voice goes I have nothing to compare with. He/she tries to protect his buddy duck but he/she is no match with the Americans. the buddy duck is a cripple pekin drake.
I think its safe to assume its a she then. The gander pictured was not quite a year old at the time! The goose are smaller framed for sure. Will try to get you a group picture tomorrow to see the difference.

thanks jchny2000 I name her Charlie just in case it is a boy, the pekin is Chester after Chester on gun smoke walks just like him. sadly I have to keep them separated from the Americans they don't get along.

hey guys can you please tell me if this is a gander or goose also I was told it was an African it is a lot smaller then my American's here is a pic. of it.
I don't think it actually is a African/Chinese cross The gander is too light brown to be either. Light brown neck means he has to be crossed with another goose breed not Swan type (African or Chinese). He's also too much yellow on his beak indicating that either his parents had an orange beak :) He has no African in him just Chinese with something else my guess Toulouse I'm going with jchnys first guess with it being a gander ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom