The African and Chinese goose thread!!

My Africans and a Chinese/African cross
20171213_132114.jpg
20171213_132035-1.jpg
20171213_132044.jpg

Beautiful geese!

My boys aren't too happy with me today. Everyone is locked up in the coop today because of the cold and the wind but the boys want out. Yesterday, they were swimming! While the water was basically freezing around them! They would get out, it would freeze, they would go break it, then it would freeze again. They're nuts! They all have frozen droplets stuck in their feathers! This is my first winter with geese BTW lol

They'll get over it your doing this for their own good and for their safety.

Mine have spent most of the day inside their choice first year any of my flock has gone inside when it was snow, ice and frigid even though the doors are always open, They must be getting soft in their old age.

They'll get over it your doing this for their own good and for their safety.

Mine have spent most of the day inside their choice first year any of my flock has gone inside when it was snow, ice and frigid even though the doors are always open, They must be getting soft in their old age.

They weren't too mad at me tonight when I tucked them in. Last night when I went to close up the coops for the night, they were already in the run, on their own. That has never happened before. It's so bitter cold out there right now. It says 20° but it feels much much lower.

My geese refuse all shelter even in the bitter cold Wisconsin winters and free-range year round. The only time they will go into any shelter is in Feb-March when they start laying eggs and go broody. If the weather is below zero I do chase them into a pole shed and lock them in but they absolutely hate it

I every one it has been awhile here are my African babies they are about 7to 8 months old this is there first winter . so far they don't seem to mind except there pool is frozen I spent all week end filling pools they love that . some day I am going to take a video of them jumping in and out flapping there wings dancing on there toes. I am having trouble posting pictures since they changed the forum any ideas . Well I tried no can do. I wonder if my phone will be better.

Back
Top Bottom