The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Not too happy right now. Last night when I went out to close up the coup I realized I was missing two of my Ameraucanas. I found one this morning and the other one is still missing. The dead one looks like it was killed by a dog - no head or feet but not eaten. These are the first predator losses we have ever had and of course it had to be two of my purebred birds. Uhg.
sad.png

Does anyone know if splash Ameraucana roosters have red in their wings. Or do the splash roosters looks similar to splash hens? I looked on the ameraucana website to try to find a pic and then remembered that it isn't an approved color so there won't be any pictures on the site, duh!

Does anyone know if splash Ameraucana roosters have red in their wings. Or do the splash roosters looks similar to splash hens? I looked on the ameraucana website to try to find a pic and then remembered that it isn't an approved color so there won't be any pictures on the site, duh!

I need this answer as well, my " splash " rooster has a couple of brown/red feathers on it's wings, shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom