The Ameraucana Thread: Where everything and anything about the breed can be discussed (APA, Non-Stan

Does any one know if there is any Ameraucana chicken breeders near Ontario Canada OR know of anyone who ships to Canada reasonably priced? Would like true breed blue egg layers, I already own two green egg layers. :) thanks in advance! Would like to start breeding my own chickens bring the breed back to where I am from.

Here are a couple of pics of a blue project to improve lacing.Several breeders are working to improve lacing.Each has their own approach.

Does any one know if there is any Ameraucana chicken breeders near Ontario Canada OR know of anyone who ships to Canada reasonably priced? Would like true breed blue egg layers, I already own two green egg layers. :) thanks in advance! Would like to start breeding my own chickens bring the breed back to where I am from.

Hi Frizzll Farm,

I'm not on this site very often, (mainly haunt the AM threads once in a while) but saw your post and wanted to respond.

There are quite a few Ameraucana breeders in Canada, and around the Ontario area. If you go to the breed club website, you can find a few in the directory. Or I can pm you some contacts if you'd like. :) I'd just post on here, but not sure BYC policies allow it.
Hope this helps. :)

Jerryse, your maybe cockerel looks nice! I'm working towards a similar project here in Canada and can't wait to see real lacing on the blue variety one day. :)

Hi Frizzll Farm,

I'm not on this site very often, (mainly haunt the AM threads once in a while) but saw your post and wanted to respond.

There are quite a few Ameraucana breeders in Canada, and around the Ontario area. If you go to the breed club website, you can find a few in the directory. Or I can pm you some contacts if you'd like. :) I'd just post on here, but not sure BYC policies allow it.
Hope this helps. :)

Jerryse, your maybe cockerel looks nice! I'm working towards a similar project here in Canada and can't wait to see real lacing on the blue variety one day. :)
I would love it if you could pm me with those details. thank you very much!

Quote: What did you do differently? I have one with good lacing and one with horrible lacing..the male has the horrible lacing. I might cull him. He is my only mature male I have and I might have to use him. I hate being forced to use a bird because I sold too many before sexing could be done. Chicks are pretty easy to move. Adult males ..not so much.

What did you do differently? I have one with good lacing and one with horrible lacing..the male has the horrible lacing. I might cull him. He is my only mature male I have and I might have to use him. I hate being forced to use a bird because I sold too many before sexing could be done. Chicks are pretty easy to move. Adult males ..not so much.
He is 1/4 gold laced wyandotte.His mother was 1/2 buff ameraucana/gold laced wyandotte.Most are using blue anda hmmm guess I forgot how to spell it.I put a splash rooster over her for a while as a side project.

Back
Top Bottom